Agronomy Technical Manager Job, Latest Agricultural Kenyan Jobs 2022,
To provide a support service for all production and compliance programs and operations across all Veg Farm Sites for continuous improvement.
- Providing BOD visibility at Farm Level and providing recommendations on agronomic corrective action plans as well as following through on all agronomy queries.
- Custodian of the businesses Agronomy & Technical documents, ensuring that the crop production manual is consistent at all Sites.
- Manage the Agronomy team at each site
- Manage issues around documents, Audits/Certification, PPE, Training & Coordination
- Audits – Able to pick up on issues on GAP standards special Production Projects – Looking after special projects i.e. tomatoes and peppers in greenhouse production
- Advising and assisting farms with up-to-date crop protection and nutrition methods, products and programs for all farms & out growers.
- Coordinating the implementation of and adherence to GAP and other market standards in the production processes of AAA farms & out growers.
- Carrying out internal audits on various standards (Global GAP, TN10, F2F, environmental audits, etc.) – follow through on issues around non-conformance
- Following up with individual farm managers on produce quality issues/complains pertaining to produce delivered to the pack houses and advising on corrective measures.
- Coordinate Fertilizers/Chemicals supply to the farms as ordered and assist with alternatives where supplies are restricted. Manage any issues
- Manage the farms’ adherence to PPPL requirements and updating the farms on new inclusions or removals of products from the list.
- Take a lead in investigating any issues of non-conformity or exceedance of maximum limits and report to senior management in the shortest possible time.
- Update field quality manual when due for a revision.
- Attend to meetings with external bodies on behalf of the farms agronomy teams and/or coordinate attendance by the teams to such meetings.
- Organising for and facilitating external audits for the farms and out growers on the above standards.
- Monitoring and confirming farms’ planting programs and conducting routine farm visits.
- Collation of the farms production predictions and stand in for the farms in sales meetings.
- Recommending and coordinating suitable trainings with external organisations for various teams to improve operational efficiencies on farms.
- Co-ordinate plants and soil sampling, submission for testing and disseminating the samples results.
- Coordinating and collating all data collected for various trials carried out by farms and presentation of such data to senior management for final decision.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Hold Farm Managers to account
- Follow through on all issues relating to non-conformity
- Seasoned and qualified Agronomist with at least 10+ years’ proven experience
- Outstanding Technical knowledge and ability to be challenged on finer details
- In depth understanding of Veg growing issues
- On point with new European pesticide programmes
- Deep understanding of Agronomy Audit requirements
- Able to communicate with customers on technical issues
- Able to travel to Farm sites on a very frequent basis
How to Apply
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.