Reports to: Amboseli-Chyulu Sub-landscape Coordinator
Supervises: Project Driver, Office Assistant
Career Level: Assistant Level 2
To provide administration and procurement support for WWF–Kenya’s Amboseli/Chyulu Sub-landscape. Reporting to the Amboseli/Chyulu Sub-landscape Coordinator, the Administrative and Procurement Assistant is responsible for the efficient coordination, management and operations of administrative and procurement functions for WWF-Kenya, Amboseli-Chyulu Sub-landscape.The Assistant will be well versed with general administration and procurement guidelines. The assistant will also be responsible for building capacity of WWF-Kenya local partners to ensure they adhere to WWF-K procurement policies and regulations.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensure that Amboseli-Chyulu Sub-landscape office complies to set health and safety standards.
- Ensure compliance with all WWF-Kenya policies and regulations related to procurement.
- Ensures social development for conservation policies are adhered to in procurement.
- Promptly informs the Amboseli-Chyulu sub-landscape Coordinator of any areas of concern of potential or suspected violations of policies and procedures.
- Ensure there is no negative audit observations/findings related to procurement.
- If required, corrective action plans are developed & implemented to address audit findings.
- Ensure that all Amboseli-Chyulu sub-landscape based vehicles are operated in compliance with the vehicle use policy.
- Coordinate office activities and operations to ensure efficiency and compliance to organization policies.
- Organizes logistics for meetings/workshops related to programme implementation.
- Manage travel arrangements/appointments for the Amboseli-Chyulu sub-landscape team and partners.
- Manage correspondence (office telephone calls, letters, packages, etc.)
- Carry out appropriate asset tagging, physical inventory count and asset verification.
- Ensure prudent management, maintenance and safety of office equipment and other programme assets.
- Create and update records and databases for personnel, finance and other data.
- Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary.
- Submit timely reports as assigned.
- Perform any other additional duties and activities upon instruction.
- Receive and review all Purchase Requests from program and operations staff in Amboseli-Chyulu sub-landscape.
- Ensure that procurement is done in accordance with policies and procedures, ensuring that the purchase of goods and services are appropriate in terms of quality and fair market price.
- Ensure that all purchases are properly authorized in accordance with procurement manual policies and procedures.
- Responsible for due diligence checks (supplier references, site visits, historical data, and anti-terrorism compliance) for authorized suppliers and contracted Suppliers.
- Comply with the established reasonable and appropriate lead time for ordering and delivery of goods.
- Prepare Requests for Proposal and manage contract/tender processes for WWF- Kenya, Amboseli-Chyulu sub-landscape
- Prepare all documentation for WWF-Kenya partners who are implementing project activities through contracts and follow up on payments.
- Prepare all VAT/tax obligations for WWF-Kenya and remit to relevant government authorities.
- Support budgeting and book keeping procedures.
Documentation and Reporting
- Monitor administration and procurement records to ensure that each procurement request is fully and clearly documented according to WWF-Kenya policy.
- Prepare monthly/weekly purchase request tracking report and consolidate all from field office reports. Share report with Programme Manager, and other internal departments as required.
- Analyze Purchase Request Tracking in order to ensure that all procurement is carried out efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and/or Procurement and Supply Chain Management. Diploma in any other relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and office management systems.
- Proven experience as an office administrator, procurement assistant or other related relevant role.
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
Key Skills and Competencies
- At least 5 years’ experience working in office administration, logistics and procurement preferably in an NGO setting.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to pursue multiple tasks simultaneously to successful conclusions.
- Management ability to lead, motivate and develop staff.
- Demonstrate high level of integrity. Adherence to WWF values, which are Courage, Integrity, Respect and Collaboration.
Internal: Interacts with the Southern Kenya Programme staff, thematic leads, Finance& Operations staff based in Nairobi office and all staff of WWF Kenya.
External: Interacts with WWF partners, network, service providers and suppliers, Regulatory Bodies and Other Conservation Agencies.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs
How to apply?
Please apply with your CV and cover letter as one file with the Job Title of Position Applied for on the subject line to the HR & Administration Manager, WWF- Kenya: email@example.com to be received not later than 15th May 2021. We will not accept applications without a CV and cover letter.
Work permit restrictions may apply.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WWF Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce.