Mezzanine designs and builds digital technology solutions for customers across Africa in order to create productive societies.
About the role
As the Agronomist, you will investigate and implement solutions for our farmers throughout the crop lifecycle. The role will examine, research, and solve problems related to crop management, output, and quality as well as develop tailored agronomic approaches and oversee interventions on behalf of the company.
You will research and develop best-in-class agronomic production practices that will optimise yield and quality, reduce costs, improve crop and soil health, and maximise water and fertiliser use efficiency. You will design training and Farmer Field School programs (content and implementation plans) on good agronomic practices and ensure consistency of such training across the different regions.
You will be responsible for supervising, coaching and monitoring the implementation of demonstration plots, nurseries, and climate studies in cooperation with village-based advisors (VBA), project partners and farmers. You will work closely with relevant departments to seek synergies with enterprise stakeholders on farmer and VBA activities. You will develop site-specific crop management strategies by analysing agricultural data, such as crop yields, soil traits, terrain, and field management history, processing and evaluating data from computer mapping software, and comparing soil test data, application patterns, or other information with crop yield maps.
As the ideal individual, you will have strong agricultural experience across Sub-Saharan Africa. You will be detail oriented with a keen understanding of quantitative analyses and multi-criteria decision making in complex environments. You will have good communication and presentation skills.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience:
- Managing agricultural research and programs
- Building and managing relationships across diverse stakeholder contexts
- Experience in the ICT4D and digital agriculture
- Masters Degree or Degree with an additional 2 years relevant experience in agronomy, agriculture, or a related field
- Strong agricultural experience across Sub-Saharan Africa
- Excellent presentation, elicitation, negotiation, and communication skills
- Detail oriented with keen understanding of quantitative analyses and multi-criteria decision making in complex environments
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong business acumen
- Strong operational execution skills
- Self-starter with ability to self-serve
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
Method of Application
Closing Date : 20 July. 2022