Our Client, with a diverse portfolio in various fields, majoring in Real Estate Development, Land Transactions, Joint ventures and Leasing, seeks to recruit an Agronomist.
He/she will be responsible for providing expertise and advice in implementing agronomic service programs for our business.
- Studying fruits and soil in order to develop better planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques, improve crop yield, and solve potential farm problems
- Researching, developing, and promoting farming practices or products that diminish the effects of changes in soil, climate, and weather or prevent damage from pests.
- Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples and testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
- Assisting with the development of planting and irrigation schedules, budgets, and timelines.
- Keeping detailed records regarding fields, customers, crops, and samples.
- Generating reports and presenting findings to management, clients, or other interested parties.
- Promoting products and techniques through educational presentations.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Agriculture, or a related field.
- 3-5 years working experience in Agronomy
- Experience in Banana farming is preferred
- Knowledge in Global GAP accreditation
- Additional certifications may be required.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel.
- Ability to work outside, stand, walk, kneel, and stoop for extended periods.
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office and diagnostic scientific software.
- Exceptional active listening and verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate PR and interpersonal skills, leadership skills, supervisory skills and strategic planning
- Strong research, decision-making, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Awareness of industry trends, technology, and developments.
- Sales and presentation skills are also a major plus
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: email@example.com Agronomist on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.