Amref Health Africa Business Development Manager Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2019
Amref Health Africa
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Ref: Amref/BDM /2019/-01
Reporting To: Business Development Director
Department: Business Development
Physical Location: Nairobi
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organization based in Africa. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is for lasting health change in Africa and is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems.
With headquarters in Kenya, Amref Health Africa has offices in Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan, Kenya, Tanzania, Southern Africa and West Africa providing services to over 30 countries. Employing over 900 staff and with an annual operating budget of approximately $100 million, Amref Health Africa is a knowledge resource for donors and partners.
Purpose of the Job: Reporting to the Amref Business Development Director, the Business Development Manager provides support in business development and implementation of resource mobilization strategies of countries in line with the corporate Strategy.
This includes development and submission of high quality proposals, identifying partnerships, capacity building, coordination of efforts and knowledge management aimed at winning new business that grows the organization. Heavily centered on institutional donors and proposal development.
The position is part of the Amref Health Africa Business Development Unit based at Amref’s Headquarter in Nairobi, with a specific focus on business development for the Amref Kenya Country Programme.
- Support country offices to define their strategic approach to growth and diversification;
- Support the country offices and business units in developing sound proposals, writing/updating cape statements, providing information on donor priorities;
- Manage the proposal process and make sure countries adhere to Amref policies and procedures;
- Review proposals for compliance and soundness with donor requirements;
- Develop and cultivate strategic partnerships that grow Amref Health Africa;
- Scope and identify opportunities for innovative programming and funding for unique programs in the field of public health, including NCDs and NTDs
- Scope and identify non-traditional donors who support programs in the field of public health
- Contribute to the development of appropriate processes, tools and templates (briefing notes, strategy documents, guidelines) to be used for business development;
- Support Amref country programs and business units to develop and roll out technical and resource mobilization strategies;
- Provide technical training to countries and staff on proposal development , intelligence gathering, proposal writing to develop high quality proposals;
- Improve proposal coordination and use of templates (e.g. Capability statements, Past Performance References);
- Participate in the diversification of sources of funding in coordination with social enterprises, government and private sector;
- Maintain an informatics system (New Enterprise Resource Planning, ERP) that generates analysis and update on proposals in the pipeline for Senior Management Team (SMT) and EXCOM; use information to make informed decision on future opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Masters degree in Public health, Social Sciences, Community Health or Development Studies or a related field
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Member of a relevant professional body
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ relevant experience in business development.
Skills / Knowledge
- Ability to interpret long-term plans, programs and budgets developed at senior management level.
- Business/Financial Acumen, Business Savvy, Innovative.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to develop plans, programs, SOPS, and coordination of workflows.
- System analysis and institutional analysis skills
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity.
- Interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent writing skills and attention to details
- Excellent analytical skills
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a Cover letter in PDF specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to Amref Health Africa (2 pages max) and an updated CV in PDF (3 pages max) with the subject line: REF: Amref/BDM/2019/-01 to Recruitment@amref.org by Wednesday 17th April 2019.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa in Kenya does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection progress.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Amref is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking.