APHRC DREAMS IE Research Project Field Interviewers Jobs in Kenya 2019
Vacancies: Field Interviewers for DREAMS IE Research Project
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, Non-governmental organization that carries out policy relevant research on population, health, education and development issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
APHRC invites applications for quantitative field interviewers and qualitative field interviewers for the DREAMS Impact Evaluation project in Viwandani and Korogocho to begin in April 2019.
The objective of this study is to evaluate the impact of the DREAMS Initiative in Korogocho and Viwandani.
- Have a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) certificate, with a minimum grade of C+
- Knowledge or resident of Viwandani or Korogocho
- Fluency in written and oral English and Kiswahili languages
- Have proven experience in household survey and experience with data collection pertaining to adolescents and youth populations
- Familiarity and proficiency in using tablets and/ or electronic gadgets for quantitative data collection (Will be an added advantage)
- Be prepared to work full time on the project for the duration of the study
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Be willing to work outside normal business hours
Roles and Responsibilities
The successful candidates will be involved in the following activities;
- Conduct interviews on all recruited respondents
- Complete, edit and submit all assigned interviews for cross-checking and verification by the team leader/supervisor
- Keep updated records and databases of assigned work
- Safeguard all assigned project equipment
- Other related activities assigned by the supervisor and project manager
- Attend and participate in all projects related meetings
- Timely reporting of project related issues to the Team Leader for quick and effective troubleshooting
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter, CV listing three referees (at least one preferably from the most recent place of work), projects, including dates, done in APHRC (and/or outside APHRC) if any, and copies of academic certificates via email to email@example.com, by close of business 15th March 2019. Indicate on the cover letter and the email subject “Field interviewer Qualitative or quantitative: DREAMS IE – project”.
Ladies are particularly encouraged to apply.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS TO ANYONE DURING ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.