Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world
- We are looking for a commercially focused and driven candidate to take up the new and exciting role of Warehouse and Distribution (WND) Product Manager for Maersk in the East Africa Area.
- He/she will drive WnD product development within Eastern Africa Area (EAA), working with commercial and operations teams to drive growth and meet customer expectations. Responsible for ensuring the area sales force has up-to-date product knowledge and provides subject matter expertise into the commercial process.
- Bring the integrator vision alive and to grow first class operated WnD product (including cold storage) in all relevant countries within the Eastern Africa Area (EAA)
- Develop a long term WnD strategy and grow WnD footprint within EAA to achieve strategic goals.
- Responsible for all own sites as well as outsourced sites (partner, 3rd party, JV e.g.) within the EEA.
- The Area WnD manager is fully accountable for WnD business development, operations and P&L ownership within the EAA
- Identify & drive investment and M&A opportunities
- Drive opportunities and business growth in the frozen and chilled cargo segment(Cold Chain)
- A challenging and exciting opportunity to work in fast-growing and dynamic markets with a highly-committed leadership team.
- An engaging and rewarding role as you will lead, coach and develop a team of engaged and professional colleagues.
- Exposure into executive selling and stakeholder management skills that are required to thrive in a fast-growing market.
Profit & Loss
- New and existing customer management
- Contract management
- WnD Site performance (cost/utilization)
WnD Area P&l
- Continuous improvement & optimization of assets
- Investment decisions and follow up on the same
- Manages day to day WnD service delivery in line with established KPI’s
- Expand WnD footprint in a proftable manner
- Execution of WnD strategy for EAA in aligment with CEN
- Works closely with sales to develop value proposition for new opportunities
- Develop and deliver WnD product training to sales
- Actively involved in selling and securing new business and customer retention in close co-ordination with EAA sales teams
- Act as the conduit between local customers and WnD
- Tender management
- HSSE adherence
- Drive compliance & regulatory adherence
- Site operation basis security / IT standards
- Work with operations to ensure customer needs are delivered on
- Lease administration
- Contract management
- Drive adherence to governance framework / Area RICC compliance
- Ensure the WnD prodcut can meet future growth requirements and achieves sustainable business results.
- Develop talent pipeline
- Engagement of WnD teams within EAA
- Engagement of sales teams and WnD teams within EAA
- Maintain positive relationship while working closely with WnD site managers.
We are looking for
- Bachelor or master’s degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within logistics sector in similar role
- Strong WnD knowledge (agro commodity and FMCG/retail)
- Extensive experience with WnD product and familiarity with WnD operations
- Good understanding of Local sales/delivery (frontline experience)
- EAA market knowledge
- Financial accumen – ability to read, interpret and act on P&L
- Self directed / entrepreneurial
- Team player
- Proven trackrecord for leadership & team management
- Stakeholder management & collaboration in a matrix organization
- Commercial mindset
- Cultural openness
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop strong customer relations
- Change & project management