He / She will be tasked with the duty to assist and support the Avocado Manager with the operational activities of the Farm, managing the team and ensuring operational plans are implemented and outcomes achieved.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
• Management of the Farm including all staff and operations
• Liaise with the Avocado Manager and ensure that requirements are met.
• Leadership and direction in the Farm processes and documentation.
• Develop & Implement crop planning and scheduling of supply budgets
• Analyze and report on post-harvest financial parameters established for the Farm.
• Report grower production data for reconciliation purposes
• Ensure compliance to Farm safety operating procedures of staff for all equipment and machinery on site and maintain the Farm facilities to a compliant standard at all times.
• Develop and train the team of staff for the different operations.
• Manage plant and equipment, building assets and maintenance schedules
• Manage and ensure all Farm technical specifications are implemented, managed, recorded, monitored and audited.
Minimum Requirements for the Avocado Assistant Manager Job
• Degree or Diploma in an agricultural related discipline.
• At least 5 years’ experience working within the Avocado industry.
• Must have had firsthand experience in Crop Husbandry.
• Health & Safety awareness and experience in the implementation.
• Experience in managing and working within a set budget
• A good understanding of numerical or financial information
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Competency in MS- Office and Excel.
How to Apply
Qualified & Interested candidates can share their CVs on or before 15th December 2021.
Note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.