Assistant County Director Jobs, Director Jobs in Kenya, ACD-PS Jobs
The ACD-PS is a member of the senior Management Team.
S/he has overall responsibility for direct supervision of the head of each of these departments (Finance, Administration Procurement and IT) in CARE Kenya consistent with our vision, mission, core values and the operational code.
In addition, the incumbent will be a member of the Emergency Response Team in the Country Office and will coordinate program support functions during emergency response initiatives or emergency crisis.
The ACD-PS will also be responsible for all aspects of administration and financial management including Accounting and Financial reporting, Cash Management, Controllership, Budgeting and expense tracking functions for the CARE Kenya Country office including all sub-offices located outside of Nairobi.
Tasks and Responsibilities
R 1 Finance
- Responsibilities encompass accounting and financial reporting, cash management, controllership, budgeting and expense tracking functions for the Country Office.Policy and Procedures
- Review and monitor mission financial policies, systems and procedures and initiate development or revision, as required;
- Review and monitor the adherence of the mission to CARE operational policies and to the laws of the country and initiate corrective action as required;Budgeting
- Supervise the preparation and submission of mission annual budgets, and pipeline reports to CARE Canada as well as supervise the support of donor budget preparation in liaison with program team.Financial Oversight
- Balance sheet review carried out monthly.
- Contract receivable/payable review carried out monthly.
- Review and ensure that the financial information relating to the donor reporting is complete, accurate, reliable and timely and consistent with project implementation.
- Ensure accurate monthly financial reports to CARE CanadaExpense Tracking
- Oversee monthly expense tracking, including monthly review and analysis of project expense reports and distribution and follow up with program staff.Internal Controls
- Assess whether the internal controls operating in the system are adequately designed, and have been operating effectively over the period of review;
- Review and monitor the adherence to all mission financial contracts with donors and initiate corrective action as required.
- Authorize mission financial instruments, staff payroll and financial reports.
- The internal audit will report directly to the CD but activity planning and coordination will be provided by the ACDPS.Management
- Direct management of the Finance Manager and overall supervision of the finance team, including training requirements.Liaison
- Consult and liaise with government offices, lawyers, auditors and others when required for protocol or trouble-shooting purposes;
- Liaise with CI National offices and other CO’s on financial matters;Develop and manage relations with financial institutions in CO’s best interests.
R 2: Administration
- Responsibilities encompass administration (procurement, logistics, management of assets, vehicles and facilities), and mission information systems (MIS). This includes direct management of the head of each of these departments where applicable or focal point officers in respective departments.Administration
- Provide leadership, review and oversee development, upgrading and implementation of administration systems in such areas as follows:Procurement
- Ensure transparent and efficient systems are in place that provide timely provision of needed support;
- Manage the implementation of procurement activities ensuring adherence to policy and procedures, cost efficiency and timely receipt of materials, equipment and services
- Manage the process on approved vendor selection, retention and discontinuation.
- Ensure adequate control over movement of materials and supplies
- Supervise the implementation of organization’s inventory process and ensure liabilities are minimized and adherence to policies and procedures
- Provide logistical support in the movement and storage of materials through coordination with relevant sub offices and project field sites.
- Ensure assets procured are placed in a register, safely tracked and monitored
- Manage asset disposition process for non-functional and obsolete assets
- Ensure that the CO assets have adequate insurance cover.
- Ensure vehicles are used and maintained in a proper manner with adequate control;
- In liaison with program team, manage the reallocation and facilitation of vehicles usage between projects
Facilities & Utility Management
- Ensure the CO owned and rented facilities are maintained adequately to serve their functions and retain value.
- Negotiate and manage adherence to lease agreements
- Ensure availability of utility services and manage the relationships with service providers.
- Review and oversee development, upgrading and implementation of Management Information Systems catering for all functional information requirement needs.
- Supervise the development and maintenance of the CO computer network infrastructure, software application programs and customized in-house software.
- Provide leadership in CO’s management information communication technology systems and related projects
- Establish and maintain IT policies, standards, practices and security measures
R3: Emergency Response
As a member of the Emergency Response Team for the Country Office, coordinate program support functions with respect to Finance, Procurement, Administration and IT during Emergency Response initiatives or Emergency crisis.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce or Finance
- 7 years of senior managerial experience in support, preferably in the non-profit/non-governmental sector, preferably in an organization similar to CARE
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Access, Excel, Word);
- Proven track record in working with multi-sectoral teams and managing and teaching national/international staff compliments;
- Willingness and ability to work in arduous and difficult field situations;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, with minimal supervision;
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural communication skills;
How to Apply