D. DEPARTMENT OF WATER, ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCES
6) POSITION: Assistant Director, Water Services; JOB GROUP CPSB 05 (‘P’) (1 POST)
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs. 87,360 x 3,190 – 90,550 x 4,490 – 95,040 x 4,860 – 99,900 x 5,010 – 104,910 x 5,240 – 110,150 x 5,500 – 115,650 x 5,780 – 121,430 p.m.
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Duties and Responsibilities:
This Officer will report the Director, Water Services. Specific duties will entail: –
i. Develop and implement policies, goals and objectives;
ii. Prepare and monitor budgets and work plans for the section;
iii. Supervise the development of water infrastructure development and resource mobilization plans;
iv. Implement Departmental performance management systems;
v. Manage portfolio of Projects through project teams/resources and ensuring optimal client/stakeholder relationship;
vi. Develop and maintain strategic alliances with key stakeholder groups, to include investors, customer groups and regulatory authorities;
vii. Supervise research for the Department of water, including management of related information and data;
viii. Undertake control quality control during construction of water supply infrastructure;
ix. Development and maintenance of County water and sewerage infrastructure;
x. Mobilization of resources for development of water and sewerage infrastructure in the County; and
xi. Any other duties which may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for Appointment:
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:
i. Be a Kenyan citizen;
ii. Have served in the grade of Principal superintendent, (Water and Sewerage) Job Group CPSB 06 (‘N’) for a minimum period of three (3) years;
iii. Have a Masters’ degree in in Civil Engineering, Water Resources, Hydrology or its equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
iv. Have a Bachelor’s degree in in Civil Engineering, Water Resources, Hydrology or its equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
v. Have a senior management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
vi. Be registered with a relevant professional body;
vii. Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to the values and principles outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution; and
viii. Demonstrated merit and shown ability as reflected in work performance in results
1. Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form.
2. All the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
3. ALL Serving Officers in Public Service, MUST clearly indicate: –
• The Officer’s Payroll Number;
• Date of first appointment;
• Date of last promotion to the current grade;
• Substantive designation and Job Group; and
• The Officer’s respective public institution.
4. During interviews, shortlisted candidates will be required to produce the following original documents: – National Identity Card; Academic and Professional Certificates; and where applicable; current payslip and letter of last promotion to the current grade.
5. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
6. The County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer.
7. Persons living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
8. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
9. Successfully selected candidates will be required to fulfill the Chapter Six requirements of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 on integrity and leadership, before appointment.
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants should click on the Job Offers Option on the County Website www.kakamega.go.ke, fill the Application Form and submit it ONLINE on or before 28th May, 2021 at 11.59 P.M.
N/B: No hard copy or emailed applications to the Board’s official email i.e., email@example.com will be accepted.
Applicants are advised to provide accurate information when making applications, those who give false information regarding their credentials and qualifications will be automatically disqualified.
PLEASE NOTE: Kakamega County Public Service Board (KCPSB) DOES NOT use Agents nor charge ANY FEE at any stage of the recruitment and selection process. Our official communication channels are; email address firstname.lastname@example.org and phone number 0713852573 ONLY.