This position will work with the Director – Human Resources to develop and implement the ARO employee engagement, employee wellness, and recognition. In addition, the role holder will also provide administrative support to enable the HR department to run smoothly.
Location and Duration: This is a 12-month fixed-term position based in Nairobi, Kenya. Applicants must be authorized to work in Kenya.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Employee Engagement, Recognition & Employee Wellness
- Work with HR Director to design and implement employee engagement plan and activities for ARO that cultivates a positive, open, and innovative culture.
- Contribute to ARO employee engagement programs in collaboration with the New York HR team and partner with all departments and levels at ARO to ensure we’re creating the right experiences for employees at every step of their journey.
- Support employee recognition programs for ARO in collaboration with the New York HR team.
- Support HR Director in developing and implementing physical health, mental health, and wellness programs to boost employee wellbeing.
- Take a leading role in coordinating ARO Day of Service.
- Establish standardized procedures, track outcomes, and identify areas of opportunity for future events/ activities.
- In collaboration with the New York HR team, assist with following up on feedback on the annual engagement survey for the Africa Regional Office.
- Serve as an active ambassador of the team inside and outside of the Foundation, contributing to creating a positive values-driven culture that engages staff across the Foundation and ensures that the organization’s people are aligned with the Foundation’s vision, direction, and strategy.
- Recruitment and onboarding support: Support recruitment activities for the ARO, which include posting positions, creating talent pipelines, processing offer letters, and supporting onboarding activities as needed.
- Assist HR Director to manage the return to the office, such as helping with COVID-19 protocols, and work schedules.
- Provide administration services to the HR function, supporting each area of the team with administration support, in line with business requirements
- Organize and maintain an internal contact details database for staff. Also maintain a proper filing system – physical and electronic e.g., on Box
- Update and maintain internal systems, records, and reports with accurate people data
- Assist with scheduling of interviews for various roles
- Support HR Director and Operations director with calendar management, travel logistics, and expense management.
- Support HR priority projects with any administrative activity, including updating relevant reports and keeping track of relevant deadlines
- Organize meetings/ events including meeting logistics, agenda and materials preparation, conference room and AV equipment set up, displaying presentations, etc.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or a related field; Master’s Degree preferred
- At least 3 to 5 years experience in Human Resources, Administration, or a similar role
- Demonstrated experience implementing employee engagement activities
- Strong ability to help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale within the team and the organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, manage projects, and meet deadlines
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization and with a diverse employee population
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MSWord, Excel, and HRIS/HRMS
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Analytical skills and detail orientation
Qualifications and Competencies
- Leadership: Vision, innovation, thought leadership, collaboration, integrity, accountability, and emotional intelligence
- Partnership and Relationship Building: Strong professional representation of the Foundation, interpersonal relationship abilities, intercultural knowledge and appreciation, strategic partnership building
- Communication: Interpersonal communication abilities; exceptional listening skills, written and oral skills
- Decision-Making: Ability to evaluate risks and opportunities, using analytical and strong problem-solving skills
- Execution: Strong project management skills, deadline management, sense of responsibility and accountability, and the ability to effectively multi-task
- Integration: Ability to demonstrate inclusiveness, collaboration, respect, and broad organizational interests
- Strategic Ability: Ability to see opportunities, design innovative approaches backed by strong analysis and planning
- People Management: Skills in team building, coaching, mentoring, delegating, inspiring, and motivating
Method of Application
Closing Date : 20 July. 2022