AUA Industria Limited
Vacant Position: Technical Writer
Reports To: Director
Contract Type: Permanent
Work Location: Nairobi
Role Summary: We are seeking a skilled, reliable, efficient Technical Writer to join our organization. In this position, you will be responsible for preparing instruction manuals and articles with the main goal of communicating complex, technical information more easily.
You will also be expected to develop, gather, and disseminate technical information among customers, designers, and manufacturers.
Key Functions / Accountabilities
- Study product samples and talk with product designers and developers to understand product details
- Collaborate with technical staff on projects
- Write or revise supporting content for products
- Determine the needs of users of technical documentation
- Create and maintain the information architecture
- Incorporate animation, graphs, illustrations, or photographs to increase users’ understanding of the material
- Make high-quality documentation that meets standards, is appropriate and easy to use
- Produce and distribute tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
- Edit material prepared by other writers or staff
- Select appropriate medium, such as manuals or videos, for message or audience
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Research and collect usability feedback from customers, designers, and manufacturers.
Qualifications for this Position are;
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, or any related field from a recognized university
- Background in engineering or computer science is a big plus
- 2-5 years of experience as a Technical Writer or similar role
- Relevant experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Ability to translate highly technical information into easily understandable information for customers
- Creative skills and usage of photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
- Excellent written skills in English
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Professional Writing or Creative Writing is a big plus
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and CV including three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 18th September 2020.
Please indicate “Technical Writer” as the subject line of your email.
This is an urgent placement and we require someone to fill the position immediately. only suitable candidates will be contacted.