The British Council is a British organisation specialising in international cultural and educational opportunities.
Leadership & management
- Assisting the Director of Internal Audit with the delivery of assurance processes to provide a first class Internal Audit service within the organization.
- Establish and develop the profile of Internal Audit in the regions working with Regional Leadership to embed risk-based assurance as a valued professional service
Strategy and/or planning
- Contributing to the creation of the annual audit plan, with key responsibility for identifying and proposing relevant assurance needs aligned to the principal risk profile and overall strategic priorities
Relationship and stakeholder management
- Develop a strong regional and global network in order to identify risks and opportunities to add value and coordinate control framework improvements
Consultancy, analysis and problem solving
- Performing ad-hoc advisory engagements to provide strategic insight on risks and controls to Senior and/or Regional Management.
Role specific skills
- Knowledge of Internal Audit practices (COSO, IIA etc.)
- Knowledge of Public Sector Internal Audit Standards and the mandatory elements of The Institute of Internal Auditors’ International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF)
- Risk assessment and analysis
Education, Certification and Professional Qualifications : A professional accountancy or internal audit qualification is required.
Language Requirements : The British Council systems and global processes operate in English. Written and verbal proficiency in English is required.
Role specific knowledge and experience
- Experience of working in international and multi-cultural organisation
- Robust experience of risk-based audit
- Proven track record of building productive relationships at all levels of the organisation
- Reporting and engaging effectively with senior management
- Independently minded and willing to challenge existing business practice
- Be an exemplar of integrity, honesty, discretion and professionalism
- Managing a portfolio of audits to time and quality across multiple locations and business areas
- Strong track-record with proven experience of successfully managing and delivering similar roles including line management experience.
- Knowledge of SAP applications
- Knowledge of Shared Services operations
- Experience of third party contract assurance
- Program management qualification e.g. MSP, PRINCE2
- IT assurance qualifications e.g. CISA
- Data analytics experience
- Knowledge on use of audit software or tools e.g TeamMate
- Knowledge of governance in a group structure (regional hubs, service clusters)
Method of Application
Closing Date : 8 July. 2022