Automotive Company HR Manager Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2019
Our Client is an automotive company that sells, services, and distributes premium brands.
They seek to hire a well experienced and strategic HR Manager will play a key part in the success of the organizations huge diverse global business.
Employment Time: Permanent
Location: Kenya Nairobi
Reporting to: the country Managing Director with a matrix to the Human Resource Director Africa
- Enable and challenge the business so that they have the right people, at the right cost, with the right capabilities, support and recognition
- Coach and support our leaders and help them to be the best they can be for our customers
- Own and deliver the People Plan, providing expert human resource guidance.
What do I need to know?
- You will be an expert across a range of topics including employee relations and policy, pay, reward and benchmarking, Organizational Design, employee engagement, Performance Management, Resource Planning & Recruitment, Talent Development and Succession Planning.
- You know how to influence and coach senior leaders and executives within the business, knowing when to challenge
- You know how to challenge complexity and deal with ambiguity
- How to shape the people plan and priorities on a business wide level
- Make sure that we deliver the best performance – Drive the Review process, ensuring that leaders are having the best conversations with their teams and that everyone is rated fairly and consistently. Where employees need support, we are there to help and coach leaders!
- Make sure talent and career progression is front and center in these conversations. You will need to influence and shape our approach to performance management
- Work closely with the organization’s Group Reward team to own and deliver the Annual Reward Review ensuring that employees are paid fairly for the job they do and recognized for their performance.
- Working with the Group Talent and Development teams to make sure we are giving employees the right development and training to make them the best they can be
- Work closely with the business to ensure we have the right structure, roles and are making the best hiring decisions aligned to our culture.
- Work with finance on budget planning, making sure we are factoring in all people considerations. Understand the high-level strategic business goals that will influence this.
- When it comes to tough people decisions, be the go-to expert making sure that through these decisions we constantly reinforce our Drive culture.
- Use People MI draw valuable insight and action that informs your people priorities
Technical Skills, Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor degree in HR Management, Business Management or related field that can bring added value to the job from a recognized University/collage.
- At least 6 years ‘progressive work experience in similar positions with related responsibilities.
- Familiarity with the National and international Labour Laws
- Must be a member of IHRM
- Able to provide strategic direction
- Ability to build good working relationship and partnership with business, partners and suppliers
- Highly people oriented with proven knowledge of organizational dynamics and strong people management skills
- Ability to lead continuous organizational change and development
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing at all levels coupled with the professional credibility required to influence and motivate others to achieve results.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with strong energy, enthusiasm and confidence
- Self-motivated and proactive
- IT skills, ability to use word processing packages, electronic mail and databases, etc. are essential
- Ability to work to meet deadlines and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong people management skills
- Proven ability to plan, organize and prioritize work together with the ability to remain calm under pressure often in difficult circumstances and not lose sight of operational priorities.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with HR Manager –Automotive on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current & Expected salaries