Human Resources Officer Job, Current HR Vacancies In Kenya 2023,
Position : Human Resource Officer
Avenue Healthcare is one of the leading private healthcare groups in East Africa running 3 Hospitals, and 13 clinics across Kenya, and a Homecare business. With over 25 years in the healthcare industry, Avenue Healthcare runs 300 hospital beds with over 1,000 staff members, and more than 400 specialists and serves over 400,000 patients annually, offeringprimary, secondary, and tertiary.
|Position||:||Human Resource Officer|
|Reports to||:||Senior HR Business Partner|
|No. of Posts||:||1|
Responsible for contributing towards the implementation of the organizations policies through systems and practices that contribute to building the organizations human capital in line with the company goals.
1.Work with the Senior HR Business Partner in balancing the manpower staffing levels (Permanent, Contract & Locum Staff) for the respective units in liaison with the Group HR Office.
2. Be a first point of contact for staff queries on HR related issues and escalating this to the Senior HR Business Partner when need arises.
3. To deputize with prior authorization by the Senior HR Business Partner as a panel member in selection and recruitment interviews. Keep a record of interviewed candidates and their scores to ensure transparency of the process and for reverting to runners up if the situation so demands.
4. Maintain and update staff information on the database in HRMIS. Ensure that hard copy personnel files and soft copies are confidentially maintained and any disclosure subject to authorized approval.
5. In liaison with the Senior HR Business Partner, advice and support managers/supervisors on leave management.
6. In liaison with the Senior HR Business Partner, advice line managers and other employees on employment law and the organizations policies
7. Assist staff to understand their job descriptions, functions, roles & responsibilities, how they fit into the overall organization structure and the criteria for performance evaluation, personal development, and growth.
8. In liaison with the Senior HR Business Partner, advising line managers and staff on handling of disciplinary issues
9. In liaison with the Senior HR Business Partner and in consultation with the relevant line managers ensure payroll data such as locum and overtime payment is accurate and timely for dissemination to the payroll department.
10. Responsible for monitoring employee confirmation dates and to proactively follow-up with the relevant managers to ensure conformity with the stipulated policy as may be in place.
11. Assist the HR Business Partner with planning and organizing scheduled training programs.
12. Coordinate with line managers to ensure that new staff are taken through the on-the-job orientation and facilitate scheduled induction programs.
13. Ensure that uniforms & nametags are issued on time per the standard schedule and that when staff exit, these are returned and accounted for 14. In liaison with the Senior HR Business Partner, support and coordinate performance cycle by ensuring timely compilation of documentation and reporting.
15. Liaise with the Senior HR Business Partner to ensure that all staff annual licenses are processed & renewed in good time.
16. Registration of staff and their dependents on the HMIS. Communicate to the HR Business Partner on any addition or deletion of a staff and his dependents to the medical scheme.
17. Assist the Senior HR Business Partner and line managers in implementing and introducing employee engagement strategies that will contribute to teamwork and will enable a conducive working environment.
18. Carry out exit interviews and ensure that the exit process is done seamlessly.
19. Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor in line with the job description.
- A Bachelor’s in human resources, administration or business-related field.
- Higher Diploma in HR or business-related field.
- Relevant HR certification (CHRP, SHRM etc) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience in Human Resources.
- Experience in HR consulting will be an added advantage.
- Organizational awareness and detail-oriented.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Teamwork and reliability.
How to Apply
Application documents (CV and Certificates) must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job position you are applying for as the subject of the email by 1st February 2023