The Catholic Diocese of Nakuru (CDN) – Our Lady Seat of Wisdom Bahati Girls Hostel wishes to recruit a highly motivated, result oriented and competent individual to join our team in the role of a Matron / Cateress.
Key Result Areas: The Matron / Cateress shall be responsible for medical, sanitation, catering, boarding and ensuring the welfare of the students is well maintained in accordance to the CDN Our Lady Seat of Wisdom Bahati Girls Hostel standards.
- Oversee food preparation ensuring good quality & tasty meals at all times that all well planned.
- To ensure that there is a clean and pleasant environment in the Hostel throughout
- Plan and prepare the menu making certain that a balanced diet is provided, in liaison with the Head of Kitchen and Head of School.
- Be a major source of awareness of student’s behavior and be ready to alert the Administration regarding areas of concern.
- Keep constant communication with the Head of School about students’ affairs.
- Maintain close liaison with the Dispensary at all times concerning students medical provision.
- Assess illnesses and injuries and to refer to the Nurse all medical matters.
- Ensure the students’ daily routines are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure students are smart when leaving the dormitories and are wearing the correct uniform.
- Report and follow up on repairs either inside or outside the dormitories.
Qualifications / Skills
- Diploma or certificate in Housekeeping.
- Computer Literate.
- Ability to maintain detailed and accurate records.
- At Least two years experience working with students will be a definite advantage.
- Knowledge and skills in administering first aid is an added advantage.
- Must be available to reside in school, all through during school term
- Patient, flexible and open minded with excellent communication skills.
- Discreet and adhere to confidentiality.
- Ready to learn and a great team player.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications, enclosing a detailed CV, copies of academic testimonials and names of three referees and day time telephone contacts to:
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
So as to be received by 17th January 2020.
Candidates MUST indicate Current & Expected consolidated salary in your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.