Exciting Baking Industry Sales Positions
Our client is a leading FMCG manufacturer with a huge market footprint in Kenya.
They seek to recruit a team of dynamic, results oriented energetic and self driven individuals below.
Job title: Sales Manager – Bakery Division
Department: Baking Division
Number of positions: 1 position
Salary Range: Range of Kshs 150,000 to 230,000
Job Location: Kisumu and Nakuru
Job Purpose: The job exists to lead the sales team to achieve the planned sales turnover, market coverage and merchandising objectives. The Head of Sales will lead and be responsible for ensuring sales success, achievement of revenue targets and market penetration
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the team in the sales department and ensure they are properly motivated and supported to deliver results;
- Prepare plans to achieve the daily and monthly sales targets by ensuring complete and proper coverage of the target market area/outlets;
- Develop sales and distribution plan in liaison with the sales team both and horizontally;
- Lead the preparation and submission of daily/weekly/monthly activity report detailing the competitors’ activities; as well as any other information required by the management;
- Supervise the process of dealer surveys to capture relevant market intelligence & identify the existing and new market routes in accordance to company norms;
- Implementing the designated sales strategy in line with the company strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to achieve the set objectives;
- Developing and cascading sales targets and inspiring team to achieve the sales scorecard in line with overall sales objectives;
- Responsible for achievement of monthly, quarterly, and annual targets for sales;
- Optimise primary and secondary sales through delivering right merchandise specific to all the verticals to deliver targets;
- Carrying out evaluation of market trends and gathering competitor information and identifying trends that affect sales growth and profitability for decision making;
- Building and strengthening customer relationships through regular operational reviews to ensure that product availability, distribution and opportunities are taken advantage of;
- Lead the development and implementation of efficient route to market strategies;
- Carry out benchmarking of best practices in sales and marketing to ensure the company stays ahead of competitors;
- Develop and implementing a customer oriented culture to ensure excellence and market leadership;
- Managing talent through coaching, mentoring, developing, motivating, training, and evaluating sales staff to achieve highest levels of performance;
- Performing other sales or related tasks as required by management from time to time;
Qualifications and work experience
- Holder of a Degree in Sales & Marketing or related course;
- At least 6 years Bakery or Confectionery relevant sales management experience;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills;
- Working proficiency in Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel & Powerpoint;
- Excellent team leadership ability and skills;
- Good report writing and presentation skills;
- A natural drive and acumen for sales and results;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful Sales Career move with OUR CLIENT in the rewarding FMCG sector, apply by submitting your CV in confidence to:
P.O Box 76883-00620,
Kindly indicate current and expected salary in your application cover letter, subject line or CV.
- Do not attach certificates and testimonials in your application.
- Closing date for applications is Wednesday 19th August 2020.
- Shortlisting will be carried on a rolling/ongoing basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.