Barista Jobs vacancy in Thika, Kenya 2019
Nature of Job: Full time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcoming customers, informing them about specials or new items, answering questions, and accepting orders and payments.
- Preparing and Mixing coffee
- Preparing foods, such as sandwiches or baked goods, and grinding and blending coffee beans, brewing coffee and tea, and serving items to customers.
- Packaging food and beverages for sale.
- Selling coffee and tea blends and brewing equipment, highlighting the differences between items and educating customers about brewing methods.
- Cleaning and restocking work and dining areas, emptying trash, and sanitizing equipment and utensils.
- Learning about brewing methods, beverage blends, food preparation, and presentation techniques to improve food quality.
- Updating signage and displays to attract customers.
- Taking inventory and replenishing items in display cases, at tables, or behind the counter.
- Working as part of a fun, high-energy team.
- Adhering to all food safety regulations and quality controls.
- 2-3 years work experience as a barista in a busy hotel/restaurant
- College qualifications in hospitality –important
- Flexible to work in alternate shifts
- Good communication skills
- Very presentable with excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of various coffees and teas
Apply with CV to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted