Betin IT Technician Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2019
Position: IT Technician
Reporting to: ICT Manager
Location: Nairobi but he/she will be required to travel upcountry
Contract duration: 6 months (renewable based on performance)
Probation period: 3 month
- Install, configure, update and maintain computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitor and maintain computer systems, self-service machines and networks, both in the office and Betin shops.
- Talk staff/shop agents through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone or by remote assistance to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems and diagnose and solve hardware/software faults.
- Provide support, including update when needed and follow procedural documentation.
- Set up new user’s accounts and profiles and deal with password issues.
- Making sure that only allowed software is installed.
- Add value to tickets before escalating to higher technical departments/ Third Parties.
- Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to Third Parties, if appropriate).
- Manage and keep record of all IT company assets.
- Provide support via remote assistance tools to direct Betin shops and frenchises.
- Monitor the Company’s IT Infrastructure and proactively escalate to other IT Teams and/or Third Parties.
- This is a varying shift position. You will be expected to work shifts occurring at varying times of the day, varying days of the week according to the local labour law provisions.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A minimum 3 years’ experience in an IT support environment.
- A valid driving license and “clean” driving record.
- Experience in troubleshooting Internet Connectivity (WAN and VPN)
- Ability to communicate with IT users & all levels of business
- Experience with an online gaming company is a plus, but not essential
- Applied learning
- Aligning Performance for Success
- Working in a successful team
- Planning and Organizing
Technical / Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Develop technical requirements
- Maintain equipment/software inventory
- Apply problem solving techniques
- Administration of Microsoft Active Directory, Account users and e-mailboxes
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux Desktop OS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of networking concepts
- Strong analytical troubleshooting skills for IT
- Good awareness of IT data security standards
- PC hardware, Printers, scanners, computer peripherals, Mobile devices (iOS, Android)
- Client PC connectivity – ethernet, TCP/IP and VPN
Interested candidates to apply to email@example.com quoting the position as the subject by Monday 25th February 2019.