Building Inspector Jobs, County Government Jobs In Kenya, Nyeri County Jobs,
JOB GROUP ‘K’ – 4 POSTS
- Responsible for advising developers and clients on all technical matters related to the Building designs and development control within the county.
- Receiving and vetting applications for building;
- Reading and interpreting Architectural and Engineering drawings, comparing their details with work on site and compiling site weekly reports
- Assisting in planning a building programme for simple or complex buildings
- Ensuring that construction work in progress is in accordance with specifications and taking details of provisional items.
- Supervision of artisans carrying out repairs and alteration of existing buildings
- Preparation of cost estimates and schedule of materials
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Served as a senior inspector (Buildings) or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service or private sector for a minimum three (3) years.
- Possess a Diploma in Building and Civil Engineering or Construction Technician Certificate Part III, or its equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya;
Applicants MUST attach their C.V together with certified copies of the following documents:
- Academic and Professional Certificates and other testimonials.
- National Identity Card
- Valid certificate of Good conduct from the Criminal Investigation Department (C.I.D).
- Valid certificate from a recognized Credit Reference Bureau (C.R.B).
- Valid clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board (H.E.L.B).
- Valid clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (E.A.CC).
- Valid Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (K.R.A).
The County Government of Nyeri is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified persons from any part of the country are encouraged to apply. Persons Living With Disability and women are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Written applications, together with the required documents should be sent or hand delivered to:
Nyeri County Public Service Board,
P.O Box 90 – 10100
The applications should reach the Secretary on or before 28th January ,2020.