Business Analyst (Ethical Fashion) Job in Nairobi 2019
Business Analyst (Ethical Fashion)
Location: Ngong Road, Nairobi.
Our client, a producer of innovative, handcrafted jewelry and accessories from sustainable materials, is looking for Business Analyst to join their growing company.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Business Analyst will support upper management with a broad range of deliverables including supporting strategic initiatives and projects, forecast reporting and project management.
The job holder will play a critical role contributing to their day-to-day business operations duties and partnering with the US and Kenya teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize the VRP/ ERP.
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Performing requirements analysis.
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Using predictive modelling to identify future product opportunities and generate data-backed ideas for design and marketing departments
- Helping to create and maintain (on the data side) living dashboards that effectively summarize our business key performance indicators and other key metrics.
- Developing analysis that allows deep insights into the business and helps inform future strategy
- Work with Managers across the business to improve performance using data-driven decision making.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Working closely with clients, technicians, and managerial staff.
- Providing leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to junior staff.
- Allocating resources and maintaining cost efficiency.
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Performing user acceptance testing.
- Managing projects, developing project plans, and monitoring performance.
- Updating, implementing and maintaining procedures.
- Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
- Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users.
- Managing competing resources and priorities.
- Monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or an MBA.
- 3+ years of analytical experience in a high transaction business.
- Excellent SQL (MySQL specifically) and advanced Excel skills (Think VLOOKUP, SUMIFS, Macros)
- Experience with Business Intelligence Tools eg Metabase,Tableau
- Proactive in data mining methods and data warehousing.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Experience leading and developing top performing teams
- Possess a great work ethic with the ability and willpower to just get things done.
- History of leading and supporting successful projects.
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 27th February 2019
Correspondence: Detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.