The Business Analyst is responsible for supporting entrepreneurs (KCIC clients) become bankable or investor ready by providing client tailored technical assistance. The main duties include; supporting Start-ups, SMEs and Community Based Organizations by providing advisory services, organizing business trainings, coaching clients and linking clients to financiers, markets and relevant resources.
- Support clients to access concessionary/commercial financing (grants, debt, equity) using knowledge of investment requirements and helping negotiate and structure financings;
- Supporting implementation of business plans, and interacting with in-house M&E team to ensure expected results are achieved, measured and evaluated;
- Developing a personal network in the regional finance and investment community, as well with advisors and technology experts to aid in supporting the clients access finance;
- Provide business advisory and financial analysis support to clients in the context of supporting agribusinesses;
- Analyze and evaluate requirements to ensure alignment to client’s strategy and the prevailing economic and technological advances through conducting client baseline/assessments;
- Nurture the client’s business through market feasibility studies, product development, customer acquisition and revenue generation support;
- Identify business training needs for clients and develop user friendly and practical training modules to close the identified needs;
- Identify mentoring and coaching areas for the clients and linking them with the correct mentors to aid in their business growth;
- Minimum of Bachelor’ s degree in business related courses.
- Professional qualifications in CPA, ACCA and CFA desired.
- Over 3 years’ experience in business development services, strategic or management consulting, or in providing technical business assistance ideally working with startup, early stage entrepreneurs, Community Based Organizations, and Self Help `groups.
- Experience in the critical analysis of a business, investment plans and financial statements;
- Experience working with the agribusiness sector is an added advantage;
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to work with a diverse mix of professionals.
- Ability to lead in an environment of constant change;
- Ability to solve problems and make critical decisions;
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
Method of Application
Email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org