Our client is an international research-driven branded generic pharmaceutical company specializing in the formulation development, manufacturing, testing and marketing of quality and affordable medicines. The role is open to candidates in these locations: Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Ivory Coast.
The primary responsibility of the Tender and Institutional Business Manager is to identify opportunities in Government, Semi Government, Hospitals and networks of clinics and develop relationships with to explore institutional market channels in the given region. Moreover, establish the company’s products proprietary and timely listing of the products with them. Develop strong market leadership position with all the leading tender businesses in the region. Liaise with Policy team to assess Govt. policy/ KOLs and Key Decision Makers attitude in the Institutional Business policy framework. Continuously engage with the international market network to explore the tenders to be attended which floated regularly. Represent the Company in the WHO, TGF, & World Bank Tenders regularly.
- Regularly train and build a leading business for tenders, teachings hospitals, hospitals, regional therapeutics disease treatment centers and distributors in the field of Pharmaceuticals Value Chain and search for and review new business opportunities, develop pricing strategies and effective sales & marketing campaigns. Cohesively engage in the government projects like Hepatitis’s Control Program, Diabetes Control Program and other prevalent disease programs.
- Provide guidance, analysis & management of the tendering process from preparation of tender documentation right through to contract award.
- Creation of draft annual business plan for the Institutional/ Government Business, conduct forecasts and recommend sales strategies to gain market share
- Prepare Tenders / costing policies and produce a work plan.
- Negotiating tenders and direct purchasing opportunities with government’s, military, Navy, Air force police, rangers, private and educational institutions.
- Analyze tender documentation including products, services, quantities, delivery deadlines, terms, and conditions. (Complete and ascertain marks on QCBS Quality cum Cost-Based Selection (QCBS) – Evaluation based on the cost committed by the Company and the technical qualification of the bidder. … Least Cost Method (LCM) – Evaluation based on the cost of the completed asset or cost of service committed by the bidder.
- Have a good know how of different government guidelines, WHO distribution compliance, and risk based model for temperature control logistics.
- Control the Bid & proposal cycle from start to completion, including any materials required to be submitted to the customer.
- Have good relations with key persons to control decision-making inside key accounts/ institutions/ Government agencies.
- Understand the tender timeline and develop a schedule plan to meet the relevant milestones on time.
- Conduct customer visits as needed to understand customer requirements.
- Store and files all customer/supplier documentation on a tracking system, ensuring all submitted or received information can be tracked.
- Development of the business case for each project, ensuring target profit rates are maintained.
- Prepare “Request for Quotation” (RFQ) documents, analyze and compare responses from suppliers/vendors of all prices, delivery dates, terms, and conditions.
- Provide timely reporting, forecasting, and recommendations to Planning and Supply Chain management.
- Establish effective communication with executives and managers across the company to ensure proper sensitivity to the needs of the sales & marketing activities.
- Exercise Stringent Control to curb illegal infiltration of institutional products in the trade market or illegal border crossing.
- Keep check and balance through expiry log of the products supplied against orders.
- Oversee if the mandated make to order specification are followed considering transportation of goods from Warehouses to the end mile delivery
- Develop and implement workflow and logistics processes.
- Work directly with distributors on order completion and delivery.
- Appoint potential distributors across the territory to penetrate in the tenders.
- Timely submission of the tenders
- Meeting tender compliance
- Manage and motivate the team members on job
- Timely recovery of the CDR and Bank Guarantees
- Ensure supplies against all the awarded businesses are timely made.
- Ensure compliance of the products as per product specification and timely monitoring of delivery schedule.
- Ensure committed disease programs business partnership commitments are maintained.
- Prepare the institutes profiles and prepare the minutes of all the meetings and keep track of all the action plan and targets
- Review all the contracts and get it timely renewed to ensure avoidance of the risk.
- Ensure vigilance with the team to control the pilferage of the institutional products into the commercial market.
- Ensure timely receipt of the trade debts as per the terms of reference
- Negotiate market based on competitive distribution service charges and commission.
- Closely work with the commercial team to identify the products reaching expiry and timely replacement of the stocks
- Timely approval of the pricing in the system to get the orders timely delivered.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Business Management or any related fields.
- Minimum of 10-12 years of relevant experience in tendering/relevant role.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: using the position as subject of email.
Interested and qualified? Go to eRecruiter on bit.ly to apply