Cellulant QA Engineer Job in Kenya 2019
Cellulant is the leading one-stop digital payments company in Africa operating in 10 markets i.e. Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, Tanzania, Ghana, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana and Mozambique; providing the glue connecting everyone to everything, every day.
To do this we are looking for qualified, passionate, dynamic and vibrant people to drive our strategy and agenda.
Job Title: QA Engineer
Reports To: QA Manager
Job Summary: Oversee and perform manual & Automated testing on all applications from the earliest opportunity and with precision before any application is deployed to production. Communicating all test issues effectively to the developers. Managing the daily workload of a Tester and giving direction on projects and test timelines. Participate, Develop and execute automated test suites using Appium and Katalon. Integrate test suites into testrail and jira workflows.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, implement, maintain, and enhance test plans, test scripts and test methodologies that ensure exhaustive testing of all assigned software systems to ensure compliance with software and system specifications and testing standards.
- Conduct Test case review meetings with developers
- Execute testing activities that ensure applications and products meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfil end user requirements and provide a great customer experience.
- Ensure changes made to requirements are translated into test plans and that there is requirements traceability across the whole project.
- Participate in planning, estimating and scheduling activities of new projects and ensure that all testing activities are done within the set schedule.
- Document all testing results, assign severity to defects and follow through on the bug-fix cycle and perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Identify and analyse defects/test results and be able to deduct the chain of events leading to a failure.
- Identify areas for test improvement through analysis, experience and use of metrics.
Working with Team
- Communicate critical issues and status updates in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with developers to improve overall product quality by emphasizing defect prevention throughout the development process.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with peers in Product Development, Project Management, Software development, Client Services and with external clients.
- Arrange, prepare and execute training for other team members.
- Assign work to QA Engineers and manage successful completion of work to set deadlines
- Measure, develop and optimise quality of team outputs and performance.
- ● Identify training needs for self and work with the team lead to develop a clear and succinct personal development plan.
● Research on QA tools and processes that improve the software testing methodology.
● Assist in continual improvement of software QA processes.
● Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
● Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
A. Experience / Skills
- Solid background in testing throughout the SDLC.
- Demonstrable knowledge in one or more mobile apps Automation test tools (Appium, Katalon, Selenium).
- Demonstrable knowledge using online and offline device simulators.
- Experience of managing and leading teams to successfully deliver outputs in defined timeframes.
- Experienced in Manual Testing & Automated Testing at levels of Unit & System covering both Functional & Non-functional types of tests
- Have strong SQL skills and be able to confidently test batch processes and use SQL to validate test results
- Have the ability to manage design issues with solutions delivered in to test to ensure delivery of software meets requirements within set deadlines
- Be able to work with little or no documentation and develop understanding of solution in order to sufficiently test solution is fit for purpose.
- Strong technical skills are essential as the candidate will be required to learn and understand new applications and testing tools as they are introduced throughout the testing cycle
- Knowledge of load testing tools, like LoadRunner, JMeter, etc.
- Good understanding of object oriented programming, Java SE and EE architecture, PHP, Android and iOS.
- Must have had prior development experience in at least one OOP languages java or PHP.
- Experience developing apps in Android and iOS is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Related field.
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certification is a plus.
- Attention to detail.
- Communication skills – verbal and written
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Customer service orientation.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously.
Send your CV in PDF, email subject: QA Engineer to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 15th 2019.
Hiring will be done on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.