Our client, a lounge in the airport, is seeking to recruit chefs with a minimum of 3 years’ experience. The successful candidate will be in charge of kitchen management and preparation of different dishes. The ideal candidate should have experience in preparation of international cuisine and be living within JKIA environs.
Transport and food will be provided.
Salary Kshs. 35,000.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all the food production, assist in daily food requirement orders, and maintenance of the highest professional food quality and sanitation standards
- Ensure meals are produced on time, and sufficient quantities are available
- Evaluate food products to ensure that quality standards are consistently attained
- Maintain stock levels of all kitchen supplies
- Ensure end of the month inventory is accurate
- Delegate duties to kitchen staff as per the menu requirements
- Ensure wastage is minimized by careful supervision of food preparation methods
- Ensure proper hygienic storage methods are utilized to prevent food loss
- Develop menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings
- Schedule and establish a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment
- Diploma/ Degree in Food & Beverage Production or a related field of study
- 3 years’ experience in preparation of Continental, Oriental and African dishes.
- Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures is demonstrated and it is ensured that all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines and regulations.
- Proven track record of cost control including food, equipment, labor, and waste to meet the food quality goals and the hotel’s financial goals.
- Need to be able to manage staff, multitask when the kitchen gets busy, have problem-solving skills, and be keen on small details.
- Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management.
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes.
- A well-groomed and presentable individual with outstanding communication skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.