Chief Accountant Jobs, Accounting Jobs in Kenya, Finance Jobs in Kenya, Kenya Red Cross Society Jobs
The Society is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position:
Responsible to the Finance Manager for effective planning and coordination of finance operations, as well as implementation and evaluation of an effective financial accountability system to ensure prudent management of the Society’s funds. Specific duties include enforcing stringent financial controls and ensuring efficient and smooth financial operations for better financial management. In addition, responsible for ensuring compliance to statutory and regulatory requirements as well as advising management on measures to be taken to improve financial performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of weekly/monthly/ quarterly and annual financial management reports
- Review staff advance requests and supplier invoices to ensure they are well supported, accurate, reliable and meets the organisations policies before payment.
- Assist in the process of developing annual budgets for Administration and donor programmes/projects.
- Prepare and remit monthly tax returns to the revenue authority
- Ensure Income and expenditure are properly coded and posted in the Microsoft Dynamics Nav (Navision)
- Ensure all statutory deductions are paid and remitted within the stipulated deadlines
- Ensure timely payment of supplier invoices and staff advance requests.
- Manage suppliers and receivables relationship.
- Review and post monthly bank reconciliation.
- Support during annual external audits
- Generate financial reports reviewing expenditure listing, reviewing balance sheet items and ensuring documents are properly supported.
- Support system improvement by ensuring that the system meets user’s preference and point out any need of improvement.
- Supervise the receivable and payable accountant.
- Provide technical support to regional and county finance officers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or finance plus CPA (K) or equivalent qualifications
- Five (5) years’ experience in accounting and budgeting of financial resources including skills in computerized accounting systems.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than 24th January 2020;
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.