Chief Supply Chain Management Officer Job at the Kenya National Commission for UNESCO 2019
The Kenya National Commission for UNESCO is a State Corporation established under the KNATCOM Act of 2013 which aims to advance UNESCO’s agenda in Kenya by contributing to peace and sustainable development through promotion of international standards and best practices in the five fields of UNESCO’s competence namely: Education, Natural Sciences, Social & Human Sciences, Culture and Communication & Information.
To enable it fulfill its mandate, the Commission wishes to recruit a dynamic, result—oriented and self-driven person to fill the following vacant position specifically under the terms and conditions advertised:
Job Title: Chief Supply Chain Management Officer
Grade: KNC 6
Reports To: Secretary General in the interim
Classification: Middle Management Level
- Gross monthly package Ksh. 131,769 – 164,420 Pm
- Leave Allowance – Ksh. 6,000
- Medical Allowance – As per scheme rules
- Group Life & Accident Cover– As per scheme rules
Permanent and Pensionable
Pension Contribution rate (basic salary)
- Employee – 7.5%
- Employer – 12.5%
Function of the Supplies Services: This Division exists to perform the following functions: development of procurement policies, strategies and plans; procurement planning and budgeting; controlling purchasing budgets; managing products specifications; management of vendors and suppliers; acquisition of goods and services; inventory custody and management; negotiation and contract management; market research and analysis; management of assets disposal; ensuring regulatory compliance and procurement reporting.
This Officer will be responsible for managing the Commission’s Library. The Office holder will be expected to perform the following duties;
1. Ensure the achievement of the functions and objectives of the Supply Chain Management mandate;
2. Coordinate the day to day business of the Supply Chain Management Division.
3. Coordinate the preparation of the overall annual procurement plans;
4. Assist to formulate, execute and communicate the Commission’s procurement policies, strategies, plans and performance contracts and establish proper internal controls
5. Provide leadership to staff and ensure that the Division’s management structures are effective
6. Ensure the development of all Supply Chain Policy papers and provide follow up activities as may be required.
7. Coordinate the establishment of effective administrative structures, processes and systems in the Division;
8. Provide regular communication to the Secretary General/CEO on key technical, financial, administrative and partnerships matters related to the procurement function;
9. Coordinate stakeholders and the enhancement of the Division’s corporate image
10. Monitor and implement procedural or policy changes to improve operations and quality service delivery.
11. Advise the Commission on the best procurement practices which promote good corporate relations;
12. Oversee the efficient working of the procurement Committees and ensure regulatory compliance and reporting
13. Any other tasks as may be assigned by the Secretary General/CEO.
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields namely; Business Administration (Supplies Mgt Option), Commerce, Marketing, Economics, Statistics, Procurement and Supplies Management Law from a recognized and accredited institution;
- A Diploma or Higher Diploma in Procurement or Supplies Management from a recognized institution;
- Be a member of a registered supply chain professional body Experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in the relevant field or profession two (2) of which should be at a comparable middle management level or is currently serving in an equivalent position in a similar organization for a minimum period of three years
- Demonstrated competence within the supply chain unit of an organization
- A self motivated individual with the ability to work independently
- Have good industry knowledge and experience of government supply chain processes and procedures
- Demonstrate knowledge of government procurement legislations and policies affecting the institution
- Possession of good knowledge of ethics, governance and procurement operations of State Corporations
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Ability to multi task;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Team player, resourceful, flexible, have integrity and commitment to production results, self-motivated, dependable, organized, professional and must satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity.
How to Apply
1. CLICK HERE to download the KNATCOM 1A form from the website www.unesco.go.ke
2. Complete the form and sign (Do Not attach any documents)
3. First send a soft copy in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org (Do Not attach any documents)
4. THE SUBJECT OF THE EMAIL SHOULD BE THE TITLE OF THE POST
5. Secondly, send a hard copy to:
The Secretary General/CEO
Kenya National Commission for UNESCO
P.O. Box 72107-00200
National Bank Building, 16th Floor
All applications should be received on or before 18th March 2019.
KNATCOM is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, Youth and PWD’s are encouraged to apply.
Note: Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.
Valid Clearance certificates from EACC, HELB, KRA & CID is mandatory.