CIC Insurance Reinsurance Manager – General Business Jobs vacancy In Kenya July 2021
CIC Insurance Group Limited, commonly referred to as CIC Group, is an insurance and investment group that operates mainly in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan and Malawi
Responsible for designing an optimal reinsurance programs, assessment and placement of risks and reinsurance recoveries for the group.
- Review all risks acceptances to ensure they are protected by proper reinsurance arrangement;
- Monitor the reinsurance register to ensure risks are correctly allocated into the relevant treaties;
- Negotiate and review reinsurance contracts (best rates and terms) at each reinsurance renewal period;
- Underwrite inward facultative business;
- Prepare reinsurance underwriting and claims statistics for reinsurance renewals and review of profitability of the reinsurance program;
- Grow inward facultative business and collect premiums, through acquisition of new and retention of existing business;
- Place all risks that are in excess of capacity;
- Prepare and file quarterly reinsurance returns and
- Negotiate special acceptances of unusual risks.
- Ensure facultative premiums are collected on time.
- Ensure treaty recoveries are done on time.
- Collect all outstanding debt on premiums and claims recoveries
- Process and ensure all custom bonds are canceled immediately they fall due.
- Carry out performance appraisal, coaching and mentoring staff;
- Resource allocation, staffing and leave approval;
- Participate in planning and budgeting for the department;
- Participate in various meeting and committees.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
- ACII or AIIK is mandatory
- Minimum of six (6) years’ relevant experience, two (2) of which at supervisory level
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Good analytical skills
- Computer literate in MS Office and other office applications
- Understanding of the working environment /competitors
- Technical competence in insurance
- Basic knowledge of regulations by AKI and IRA
Closing Date : 15 July. 2021