Senior Accountant Job, Current Accounting Vacancies 2023,
Our Ref: CEH/HR/REC/003/2023
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the incumbent will be tasked with the following;
- Ensure that all finance postings, approvals and reports are accurate and timely.
- Supervising the day-to-day activities and overall performance of the direct reports in order to create and sustain a performance culture that consistently exceeds the expectations of all stakeholders (customers, employees, shareholders).
- Manage all day-to-day accounting operations by ensuring that correct transactions are posted in the system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that the company financial and accounting policies are implemented correctly.
- Ensure the integrity of the financial data in the accounting software.
- Implement a strict internal control framework, with adequate checks and balances, to mitigate against the risk of fraud or error.
- Be an integral part of the monthly stock takes and investigate all variances which arise and explain these to management
- Be in charge of the company assets management
- Ensure all documents are filed in an organized manner and easy to retrieve.
- Manage the annual external audit and present the draft audited accounts to the Finance Manager for review
- Lead the annual budget setting process with all departments ensuring they have sufficient training in how to complete templates, and then collate all the information into one company-wide budget for presentation to the Finance Manager- Participate in the budget preparation process
- Frequent review of price list to ensure the prices are competitive
- Provide weekly short-term and long-term cash flow forecasts for Finance Manager to review and sign off on.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly financial reports on company performance
- Verify and upload Statutory returns
- Verify and post JVs from direct reports
- Any other responsibility and duties that may be given by the Finance Manager
- Take part in company projects and carry out any other tasks that may be assigned to you by your Line Manager and/ or any other person placed in authority over you.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance/Accounting Option)
- CPA (K)
- Registered by ICPAK
- Three years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in team leadership
- Experience in working with ERP systems.
Key Skills and Competencies Required
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Exceptional Communication and Customer Care skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Proactive and assertive with strong relational and networking skills.
- Strong time management skills and self-motivation skills
- Computer literacy skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates to make their applications through email@example.com with the subject being “Senior Accountant” – CEH/HR/REC/003/2023’’ “Accountant- Locum” – CEH/HR/REC/002/2023.