Civil Engineer Jobs, Engineering Jobs In Kenya, KCAA Jobs
Position: Civil Engineer/Construction Works Project Coordinator
Department / Section: Engineering Services
Reports To: Manager Engineering Services
JOB TITLE: CIVIL ENGINEER/CONSTRUCTION WORKS PROJECT COORDINATOR – KCAA SCALE 6 (REF: ENG/CE/05/19)
To plan, design and manage the construction projects.
- Designing the project structures and hydraulic systems
- Surveying the construction site and providing a detailed report on how to carry out the project and its consequences
- Liaising with local authorities, municipal councils, environmental agencies and statutory authorities and government departments on the requirements and implications of the construction
- Ensuring Occupational Health and Safety compliance on site
- Providing subordinate staff with relevant information on construction
- Advising the workers on the construction process and addressing their concerns
- Solving construction problems as soundly as possible
- Keeping Management and relevant stakeholders informed of progress including possible impediments to constructions
- Conducting surveys on the sites where the construction is to take place
- Acting as the quality control and assurance to ensure that the project objectives are met.
- Budgeting for the project within an estimated time period
- Obtaining the construction materials and verifying them
- Controlling the cost of the materials
- Selecting the ideal equipment’s to be used
- Scheduling the construction
- Laying down the preferred construction
- Ensuring that the project starts on time and ends within the estimated time
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Manager Engineering Services.
- A bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent degree from a recognized university.
- Registration with Engineers Board of Kenya with post registration experience of not less than five (5) years in design of buildings /structures.
- Valid Professional Engineering
- A minimum of ten (10) years of construction projects engineering and management experience.
- Well versed in the legal and regulatory requirements, standards and processes
- Ability to use Autodesk relevant programs and Microsoft Office
- Familiar with additive manufacturing modular construction
- Must have designed structural work for at least two completed offices
How to Apply
Interested candidates are required to submit their application letter quoting the job reference No. on the envelope and application letter, attaching copies of certificates, testimonials, a detailed CV with daytime telephone and full
contact details of three professional referees to the address below. The application should be received not later than 22nd January 2020. Details of the job specifications can be obtained from the KCAA website at www.kcaa.or.ke
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Note: Persons living with disabilities are required to attach a valid membership card.
The Director General
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
Aviation House – JKIA
P. O. Box 30163 – 00100