IV. Clerical Officer I JOB GROUP 1(/ CASB 09(ONE POSITION)
a) Duties and Responsibilities
i. Collating and compiling data
ii. Recording folioing and filling applications for registration and licensing documents
iii. Indexing of documents and records
iv. Photocopying and scanning documents
v. Maintaining and updating file
vi. Photocopying and scanning documents
vii. Processing of documents
viii. Controlling movements of records and files
ix. Managing registers
x. Verifying and analyzing data
xi. Drafting correspondences
xii. Preparing and verifying data and documents
xiii. Ensuring safe custody of documents equipment and records.
xiv. Such other relevant duty as may be assigned by the Assembly Clerk/ HOD.
b) Minimum Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
i. Served in the grade of Clerical Officer II or in a comparable position, for an minimum period of three (3) years;
ii. Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade C- or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized in institution:
iii. Certificate in any of the following fields: Business Administration, Business Management, Human Resource Management, Information Communication Technology, Accounts, Supply Chain Management or any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized in institution;
iv. Proficiency in computer application skills; and
v. Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
• Term of Service: Three (3) years contract
• Remuneration: To be compensated as per the applicable guidelines by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
HOW TO APPLY
• Each application should be accompanied by detailed CV. and copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, Copy of National identification card or passport and other relevant testimonials.
• Applications can be either posted delivered physically to the County Assembly Offices-Office of the Clerk along Mwatu wa Ngoma Road, Machakos or submitted online as PDF attachment via e-mail to: email@example.com
• All applications should be addressed as shown below and the position applied for clearly indicated as advertised.
Machakos County Assembly Service Board
P.o Box 1168-90100
Important information to all applicants
1. Applications should reach the Secretary, County Assembly Service Board on or before 25th January, 2022.
2. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
3. Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance /compliance certificate from the following agencies
a) Ethics and Anti-corruption commission
b) Higher Education Loans Board
c) Kenya Revenue Authority
d) Credit Reference Bureau
e) Directorate of criminal Investigation ‘
The County Assembly Service Board of Machakos is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment services. Women and persons
with disability are encouraged to apply.