The Mater Hospital was opened in 1962 by the Sisters of Mercy, a Catholic Order of Nuns originating from Ireland, three years after registering themselves as the Registered Trustees of an entity under the Perpetual Succession Act (the succeeding legislation after independence). The “Sisters of Mercy” first set up a 60 bed general hospital to cater mainly for the poor, indigenous Kenyans, with the primary mission being general healthcare. The colonial authorities granted 12 acres of land in a swampy, mosquito-infested area, which has since become the Industrial Area of Nairobi. In 1970, a 60-bed maternity ward was opened with antenatal, postnatal and immunization clinics attached in order to upgrade the quality of maternity healthcare available to the poorer segments of the Nairobi population.
- Coordinate clinical presentation to assist students achieve critical thinking
- Prepare new students orientation program and implement to ensure quick settlement at the school
- Follow students in clinical placements whether outside or within the hospital
- Plan for and conduct theoretical assessment of students
- Assess practical book regularly to establish level of proficiency attained by the students in conducting procedures.
- Produce and distribute course learning objectives as well as student’s schedule to the clinical facilities prior to student attendance at the facility
- Design master rotations, assessment schedules or any other teaching and learning tool
- Communicate with the nursing department as necessary to resolve issues or concerns in the clinical areas
- Collaborate with colleagues to revise and evaluate course content and teaching issues
- Discuss with students their concerns and/or problems directly or indirectly related to the learning experience
Required Qualifications for the Position
- Academic – O level
- Professional – either KRN/KRCHN/BSCN and MUST BE KRCCN
- Experience- 2 years’ clinical experience in the relevant unit
- Work Related skills- Competence in clinical skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and analytical skills
- Mentorship, customer care, teaching skills.
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 20 January. 2022