CMMB Project Assistant Job vacancy in Siaya, Kenya 2019
Location: Siaya, Kenya
We believe in a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all.
We believe that access to quality healthcare is a basic human right. For more than 100 years, we have worked with global partners to deliver locally sustainable, quality healthcare solutions to women, children and their communities. We’re ready to make it 100 more.
We believe change starts with her.
We work tirelessly for women’s and children’s health because they are disproportionately affected by illness and poverty. We know that healthy, educated, and empowered women are better able to raise healthy, educated, and confident children, and that communities depend on their livelihoods. We’re making an impact – learn more.
Building around a new CHAMPS (CHildren And Mother PartnershipS) model, CMMB will work at both the community and clinical levels in these targeted communities to strengthen health services and address the leading causes of maternal and child death. In addition, CMMB will expand its volunteer program to strengthen health care delivery in CHAMPS-supported facilities and will engage with the pharmaceutical industry to help meet the needs of CHAMPS communities and facilities.
CMMB is committed to learning and evolving in order to successfully achieve impact in its strategy and will have strong vertical and horizontal team structures in alignment to the global strategy in order to encourage accountability, communication, and effective project management.
We believe in people.
We strive to live out our core values of collaboration, love, excellence and respect every day. We provide our employees with a competitive salary and a meaningful benefits package, with opportunities to learn and grow. We especially encourage all persons of diverse backgrounds to apply. Read more from our President & CEO below.
CMMB is implementing Community focused HIV and AIDS prevention, care and treatment interventions in Siaya with support from the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria through the Kenya Red Cross Society. The overall goal of the project is to contribute to achieving Vision 2030 through universal access to comprehensive HIV prevention, treatment and care for all. Key to the project’s activities is contributing to the attainment of 90-90-90 HIV management cascade among the populations we serve.
Amongst other result areas, the project seeks to contribute towards reduction of new HIV infections among adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) ages 15-24 and other priority populations through the provision of behavioral and biomedical interventions to AGYWs to reduce the risk of HIV infection as well as ensuring effective care for HIV infected AGYWs. This is besides community wide activities to address community mobilization towards norms change and prevention of gender-based violence.
Under the leadership of the Country Director, The Project Assistant will support the day to day implementation of project interventions and be responsible for realization of project deliverables within their areas of operation.
Further, s/he will support operationalization of program quality, documentation, experience sharing and learning initiatives introduced by the project as well as contribute to the preparation of timely donor reports. The position will also support the project’s stakeholder engagements in the county with overall support and guidance of the Project Officer and Project Manager.
Specifically, the Project Assistant will work closely with the Project Officer and M&E Officer to perform the following tasks:
- Participate in planning of project activities and set high quality performance targets, ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices, and donor guidelines.
- Review and track progress of project implementation and utilization of project resources, using participatory processes to overcome implementation obstacles.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation related to project monitoring and implementation, including up-to-date performance data on the adolescent girls and young women indicators being tracked by the project.
- Ensure a working environment of mutual trust, respect and care with other staff, encouraging effective teamwork with staff members and partners.
- Identification, recruitment and retention of beneficiaries
- Budget and Financial Management:
- Ensure that project activities comply with CMMB financial guidelines, policies, procedures and regulations.
- In collaboration with the finance teams and supporting the project officers, ensure timely payments of project beneficiaries and provide liquidation reports.
- Participate in the preparation of annual project budgets, quarterly and monthly budgets.
Monitoring, Accountability, Evaluation and Learning:
- Use appropriate project management tools to plan, review and track project progress on project implementation.
- Promote innovative/effective methods towards achievement of project objectives.
- Support documentation processes of project success stories, best practices, lessons learnt and other project innovations and learnings.
- Supervise and mentor the peer educators, community adolescent treatment supporters, CHVs and community advisory boards towards creating and enabling environment for the AGYWs
- Support implementation of community-based project activities to ensure adherence to set quality standards.
- Monitor the performance of peer educators, community adolescent treatment supporters, CHVs and community advisory boards and continuously mentor them as needed.
- Work with the Project and M&E Officers to prepare donor project narrative reports, collect monthly and quarterly performance data, as well as other reports needed/required.
- Regularly organize and coordinate meetings with key stakeholders on project progress and challenges.
- Engage stakeholders at all stages of the project cycle for their insights on the appropriateness of project approaches and interventions.
Qualifications and Experience:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Community Health or related field.
- You have at least three -year experience in community health work within a public health focused Non-Governmental Organization.
- You have experience working with Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health interventions
- You understand the 90 90 90 HIV management cascade
- You have impressive Community mobilization experience
- You have extensive understanding of Community Health Strategy and working with the various structures under the Community Health Strategy.
- You have experience in the implementation of Global Fund HIV grants is an added advantage
- You have communication skills, computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Power-point)
- You have excellent report writing skills
- You can work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- You are comfortable working for a faith-based organization.
- You believe in CMMB, where we’re going, and what we can do together to achieve Healthier Lives Worldwide.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their application together with resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating position applied for on the subject line by 14th June 2019.
Include telephone and email contacts of 3 references and your daytime telephone/cell phone contact.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about us, visit our website at www.cmmb.org.
A message from Bruce Wilkinson, our President and CEO
As president of CMMB, I would like to thank you for your interest in joining with us on our journey to bring healthier lives to women, children and their families worldwide. CMMB has embarked on our second century of service to the most marginalized.
Our vision of a world in which every human life is valued, and health and human dignity are shared by all is at the core of who we are. We are always looking to join hands with experienced professionals who want to add their energy to our work and are so pleased you are considering CMMB as your potential employer.
The Project Assistant is critical to our mission and vision. I welcome your interest in joining CMMB’s diverse, talented, professional and motivated team and lead our Kenya team achieve our mission.