Co-operative Bank of Kenya
As a market leader, we have worked hard to earn our customers’ trust. Gaining and retaining this trust is critically important for our success.
We defend our integrity by fighting fraud and leveraging on the results of risk assessments to target our analytics efforts to fine-tune our monitoring systems for continuous improvement and more efficient oversight.
As Fraud Analyst within Security Services, you’ll help make this happen. You will work towards ensuring timely analysis, detection and prevention of fraudulent activities whilst maximizing commercial opportunities.
This is a high visibility role which provides you with an opportunity to contribute to the organization’s control environment and exposure to many business areas.
Reporting to Head – Security Services Department, the Fraud Analyst will be responsible for fraud detection, prevention and all ICT related security investigations.
In addition the role holder will be responsible for reviewing processes and systems for purposes of strengthening internal controls.
This role will work collaboratively with the ICT Security operations, ICT and ICT Risk & Control to handle ICT related security investigations.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Conduct investigations as required by the Head of Security and ensure that timely, detailed and concise written and verbal reports are given on detected/reported incidents of fraud in the business.
- Work collaboratively with the ICT Security Operations, ICT and ICT Risk & Control to handle all ICT related security investigations.
- Will be involved in retrieving, analyzing data, network traces, and other evidences from computers, networks and data storage devices.
- Investigate intrusion attempts and perform in-depth analysis of exploits as well as providing network and system intrusion detection expertise to support timely and effective decision making of when to declare an incident.
- Continuously and proactively Undertake trend analysis and profile various types of frauds, highlighting weaknesses noted and make recommendations geared towards prevention of occurrence and reducing incidences and magnitude of frauds within the Bank.
- Check out for trends similar to those of previously confirmed frauds for further review, analysis and confirmation.
- Pick out possible fraudulent transactions and confirm their authenticity with the relevant parties.
- Proactively Assess fraud risks in the Bank’s products and services with a view to recommending controls to detect and prevent the same.
- Assess fraud risk at the organization level, significant SBUs’ and significant account levels.
- Evaluate the likelihood and significance of each fraud risk to the Bank and assess the exposure arising from each of the categories of fraud risk.
- Identify key fraud risk indicators and formulate MIS that accurately track these indicators
- Carry out post incidents analysis to understand the loop holes used to perpetrate frauds and make appropriate recommendations.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Business, IT, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
- Poses relevant Information Security Certification such as CISSP,CEH, CISA / CISM, ISO/IEC 27001.
- Understanding of risk and systems security control processes with at least 3 years’ experience in matters security with a strong technical background.
- Knowledge of common cybersecurity threats and sources of cybersecurity information.
- Good understanding and knowledge of risk assessment, risk procedures, security assessment, vulnerability management, penetration testing.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and bring out new ideas of mitigating business risks.
- A good understanding of the Bank’s organization structure, banking operations, banking products and customer service.
- Superior interpersonal skills with ability to work independently and with minimum supervision.
How to apply
This position presents an excellent step to make highly valuable contributions within a team.
If you fit the profile, then apply today!
Using chrome as your browser, access the link https://172.16.206.18:8443/recruitr to apply for this position, reference number “FA/SD/2019” by close of business on Thursday 17th January, 2020.