Investment Analyst Job, Banking Jobs In Kenya December,
Investment Analyst – Co-op Trust Investment Services Limited (CISL)
Job expires on December 21, 2022
Are you ready to transform your career with an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven and high-performance culture? Are you keen to scale to new heights and redefine success whilst creating value for your leadership brand? The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the place for those looking for new horizons and exciting opportunities. If you have ambition, energy, and drive – then we have room.
Co-op Trust Investment Services Limited (CISL) is a fully owned subsidiary of the Co-operative Bank Group involved in the management of investments on behalf of institutional and individual investors such as Insurance companies, pension funds, and other entities.
Reporting to the Head of Research and Chief Investment Officer – CISL the role shall entail selling of Company’s investment products to grow assets under management, ensuring execution of IC (investment committee), and overall guidance and co-ordination of work for the research team, property investments team, performance team, dealing and all investment team related personnel.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Ensure timely and coordinated implementation of Investment committee decisions.
- Regularly monitor portfolios under management and recommend/oversee any rebalancing strategies to bring them in line with both agreed investment committee strategies and the client’s current circumstances.
- Familiarise with various investments held and be able to offer justification to the clients on purchase/hold or sale decisions undertaken.
- Ensure timely and accurate decision-making in IC via research to maintain above market (> 75% percentile of ZCASS, ACTSERVE for > 70% of the clients – balanced mandates).
- Guide the performance analyst to ensure GAAPS-compliant reporting of all performance-related matters.
- Co-ordinate team in servicing clients segmented along product lines that ensure effective and efficient servicing of clients.
- Set targets, and staffing needs for staff that report to the CIO in consultation with MD CISL.
- Chair departmental meetings and brainstorming meetings within departments upon request by MD.
- Participate in the formulation of the company’s tactical plans including annual targets.
- Supervise sending of investment reports to clients regularly to keep them informed of developments in their investment portfolios including investment performance, update them on the current investment market, economic environment, and outlook as well as our proposed investment actions in line with investment policy and market expectations.
- Handle client payment requests and validation process to establish instructions originating from the client.
- Ensure important client documents including investment management agreements, fee agreements, and investment policies are stored in the safe.
- Maintain a dashboard to monitor the performance of portfolio managers in marketing efforts and others.
- Undergraduate degree in a business-related course.
- CFA charter holder, qualified accountant, professional marketing courses, or relevant postgraduate qualification.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in research analysis, client service, and sales
Desirable Knowledge/Skills and Experience Required:
- Leadership skills and experience in the management of client assets.
- Working knowledge of investment systems.
- All-rounded knowledge of investment products and services and general operations.
- Specialized knowledge of common computer packages i.e., MS Office.
- Specialized knowledge of business presentation skills, people skills, and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
How to apply:
If you match the profile for this position, please forward your application enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, national ID, and degree certificate to email@example.com, reference number “IA/CISL/2022” by close of business on Wednesday 21st December 2022.