Portfolio Manager Job, Banking Kenyan Jobs 2022,
Portfolio Manager – Co-op Trust Investment Services Limited (CISL)
Are you ready to transform your career with an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven and high-performance culture? Are you keen to scale to new heights and redefine success whilst creating value for your leadership brand? The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the place for those looking for new horizons and exciting opportunities. If you have ambition, energy, and drive – then we have room.
Co-op Trust Investment Services Limited (CISL) is a fully owned subsidiary of The Co-operative Bank Group involved in the management of investments on behalf of institutional and individual investors such as Insurance companies, pension funds, and other entities.
Reporting to the Chief Investment Officer (CIO), Co-optrust Investment Services Limited. The Portfolio Management role offers support and execution to allocated investment portfolios planning, implementation, and monitoring. Will be a member of the Investment Committee (IC) and is expected to actively participate during deliberations. Maintain strong relationships with his set of clients and ensure 100% retention.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Participate in the formulation of the investment strategy based on client circumstances and capital markets expectations.
- Liaise with the dealer, and implement investment decisions on behalf of the clients as approved by the investment committee.
- Monitor cash flows and promptly invest any idle cash as per the prevailing investment strategy.
- In liaison with the dealer, promptly avail cash for settlements and withdrawals.
- Regularly monitor portfolios to bring them in line with both agreed investment committee strategies and the current circumstances of the client, paying special attention to the ability to meet client return objectives, benchmarks, and targets.
- Prepare and dispatch clients’ quarterly investment reports that incorporate an economic and market overview, current portfolio valuation, transactions undertaken during the quarter, performance, and strategy for the following quarter within two weeks of the end of the quarter.
- Attend all client meetings, including Annual General Meetings, and make presentations as appropriate.
- Promptly respond to client issues and ensure satisfactory resolution of the same.
- Invite clients to any appropriate forum organized by recognized bodies.
- Work closely with the client to foster a fruitful working relationship.
- Prepare call reports for visits made to clients and action areas of attention promptly.
- Liaise with potential clients, including networking, in a bid to grow the clientele base of the Company.
- Assist the research team in undertaking analysis by participating in group discussions regarding the same.
- Proactively search for new investment opportunities and bring them to the attention of the research team for analysis.
- Become familiar with the various investments held and be able to justify to clients the basis of purchase/hold/sell decisions made.
- A strong academic background in a quantitative discipline, economics, or finance background at the undergraduate level.
- A candidate in the CFA program, or CFA charter holder.
- Experience in research analysis and dealing.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in research analysis, client service, and sales.
Desirable knowledge/skills and Experience Required:
- Advanced Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (Macros) would be advantageous, with the ability to produce charts and graphs.
- A sound understanding of database modeling techniques and the ability to quickly pick up the use of non-Windows applications and in-house databases would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow statements and a good understanding of key accounting ratios and modeling techniques would be a distinct advantage.
- A genuine interest in financial markets is essential.
- Proven academic performance and the ability to demonstrate solid numerical and analytical skills.
- A strong command of the English language (oral and written) is essential, as are excellent communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to interact confidently at all levels.
- Good time management skills.
How to apply
If you match the profile for this position, please forward your application enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, national ID, and degree certificate to email@example.com, reference number “PM/CISL/2022” by close of business on Wednesday 21st December 2022.