Commercial Manager Jobs, Agricultural Jobs in Kenya, PULA Jobs.
PULA is seeking a well-rounded, experienced Commercial Manager to manage and
grow their agricultural insurance market in the region based out of Nairobi. Reporting to
the Director of Sales, the incumbent must have a love for building value for rural
communities, while also being comfortable building a cutting-edge start-up company
and interacting with a wide range of stakeholders.
This is an exceptional individual will have a proven track record in developing new
business, selling business value, insurance solutions and professional services to
Executive levels – CEO, CFO, Sales and Marketing leaders, Governments and
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, prepare and execute a sales plan focused on delivering new and recurring revenues through partnerships with agro-input companies and the public sector
- Think strategically about which accounts to target and come up with creative solutions to get customers to engage. You are expected to qualify opportunities, know which deals to work on, and which ones to pass on
- Be an outstanding external spokesperson for the company, its values and products. You will have the authority to prepare as well as negotiate commercial proposals.
- Progress prospects through a defined sales process to eventual contracting and implementation. Manage the handover of new customers to the operations team for the implementation of the solution
- Generate new sales by creating new opportunities and nurture leads via leveraging existing relationships and building new relationships across industries from scratch
- Manage and nurture existing client relationships across a wide range of stakeholders including commodity associations, farmers’ aggregators, insurers, government and private companies.
- Provide market feedback to product development, technology and operations teams based on customer feedback
- Analyze data and use it to make key strategic decisions
- Travel to field sites and conduct visits to rural locations up to 50% of the time
- You have at least 5 years’ experience in strong demonstrable sales and or consulting in the area of agriculture, preferably in the insurance/seed/fertilizer/agrochemical industry
- Experience and knowledge in the insurance industry will place you at an advantage.
- You have an Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline
- You have knowledge and understanding of dealing with C-suite executives with excellent communication and presentation skills, integrity and impeccable professionalism
- You have experience working with Government officials at all levels and navigating government structures.
- You are data driven and able to convey the potential of data driven marketing to a sector that has traditionally had very little access to data
- You are comfortable working against a sales quota target
- You have the ability to translate concepts into logical, detailed, written action-plans and proposals
- You have the ability to professionally and respectfully dissent, and logically debate challenges
- You have the ability to use data and KPIs to make management decisions
- You have substantive experience working and/or living in rural African farming contexts and building relationships across sectors and disciplines
- You are fully comfortable with Google Drive applications such as Google Sheets, Google Docs etc
- You will be asked to demonstrate fluency in key work tools such as Microsoft Excel. Full comfort with Pivot tables is considered a minimum standard measure of fluency
- Fluency in a second language such as French or Portuguese is a definite advantage
How To Apply
Seniority level; Mid-Senior level
Employment type; Full-time
Job function; Sales
Industries; Financial Services