Job Title: Construction Officer
Reports To: Projects Director
Job Purpose: Building and construction – Residential and Commercial properties, this includes conducting construction surveys, engaging in research, analysing results, planning the construction, designing, acquiring the right licensing, overseeing and building it to completion.
- Inspect the site to ensure that the building which will be put up can be accommodated by that area in relation to ground and water level and also determine the grade and elevation levels of the area.
- Accomplish construction Human Resource objectives by selecting construction staff and casuals, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, and managing staff; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Engage and manage sub-contractors, monitor and control their performance.
- Meet construction budget by monitoring project expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions; providing non-project annual operating and capital budget information.
- Approve construction projects by conducting inspections at critical phases.
- Prevent fines and interruptions by complying with legal regulations and maintaining safe, secure and healthy work environment.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Diploma in Building Engineering with excellent knowledge in Project Management and Quality Management.
- High proficiency in IT and the relevant modern Engineering software.
- Must possess leadership skills, Supervision, Manage Profitability, Attention to Detail and Quality Focus,
- Over 5 years proven experience in the same position,
- Honest with outstanding interpersonal skills and Professionalism.
- Proactive and result oriented.
- High integrity, maturity and good character.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Problem solving skills
- High proficiency in IT
- Organisational/planning skills and
- Pleasant personality, self-driven and able to work under minimum supervision.
If you believe you have high performance culture, positive mental attitude and are self-driven, then send your resume to email@example.com on or before 17th January 2020
NB: We do not charge for job applications and interviews.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification