Corporation Secretary Jobs, Legal Jobs In Kenya, Kenya Civil Aviation Authority Jobs
Position: Corporation Secretary
Department / Section: Legal
Reports To: Director General
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is responsible for providing regulatory oversight on air safety, air navigation services and aviation training in Kenya. The Authority is seeking to recruit qualified Kenyan citizens to fill the following vacant position in its establishment to advise Management and the Board on all legal and regulatory matters pertaining to the Authority.
JOB TITLE: CORPORATION SECRETARY – KCAA SCALE 3 (REF: CS/01/19)
- Preparing and organizing Board Meetings in compliance with all the laws, regulations and procedures
- Preparing the Agenda, Board papers, Board Minutes and other Board documents including notifications and ensuring that Board members receive the documentation for meetings in a timely manner
- Keeping safe custody of Minutes of the Board, the Corporation’s seal and other Board documentation
- Coordinating the submission of timely replies by the Authority to Parliamentary questions that touch on the mandate and operations of the Authority
- Providing professional guidance to the Authority’s Board, Management and staff on compliance with good corporate governance
- Assisting the Director General in all legal matters pertaining to the Authority and planning, coordinating and overseeing advise and guidance given by the legal office of the Authority to the Board, Management and staff of the Authority with a view to ensuring compliance with the laws, regulations and procedures relevant to the mandate and operations of the
- A relevant Master’s degree from a recognized university
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law from a recognized university
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Certified Public Secretary (CPS) and a member of the institute of certified Public Secretary of Kenya in good
- A Current Practicing
- Meet the requirements of Chapter six of the constitution
- Ten (10) years’ experience in Company / Corporate Law/Legal affairs
- Experience in the aviation sector as a legal practitioner will be an advantage
- Strong legal and regulatory
- Knowledge of air law.
- Knowledge of ICAO and its standards and recommended practices
- Knowledge of the Civil Aviation Act, 2013 (as Amended) and its regulations
- Verbal and written communication and report writing
- Ability to demonstrate high level of professional standards and ethics
- Ability to manage and develop a team of professionals
- Ability to proactively identify legal and regulatory issues that impact on KCAA’s business
How to Apply
Interested candidates are required to submit their application letter quoting the job reference No. on the envelope and application letter, attaching copies of certificates, testimonials, a detailed CV with daytime telephone and full
contact details of three professional referees to the address below. The application should be received not later than 22nd January 2020. Details of the job specifications can be obtained from the KCAA website at www.kcaa.or.ke
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Note: Persons living with disabilities are required to attach a valid membership card.
The Director General
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
Aviation House – JKIA
P. O. Box 30163 – 00100
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.