Country Programme Officer Jobs, NGO Jobs In Kenya, Kenya Red Cross Society Jobs
Country Programme Officer – NRC
Norwegian Red Cross – NAIROBI, NAIROBI, Kenya – Full Time
The Society is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position:
Position Title: Country Programme Officer – Norwegian Red Cross
Reporting to: NRC Country Programme Manager, Kenya
Job Location: Nairobi
The purpose of the Country Offices (CO) is to ensure implementation of Norwegian Red Cross International Strategy at country level through programme support to the National Society partner, as articulated and established in the approved Country Framework. This means that the CO is responsible for ensuring results-based project management, risk management, and operational in-country Movement coordination. Furthermore, the CO is responsible for ensuring project implementation in support to NS partners, in line with established project agreements and project plans. The CO ensures sound technical quality of all country projects, in line with established technical standards and best practices. The CO ensures that Norwegian Red Cross programme support is based on regularly updated humanitarian needs analysis in line with established practices. The CO represents Norwegian Red Cross in-country with regards to external partnerships and relationships. The CO is responsible for in-country security management.
- Promote that Norwegian Red Cross programme cooperation with the Host National Society project teams is consistent and efficient.
- Support HNS sound technical planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting in line with established project agreements and project plans.
- Contributes to adequate needs assessment to inform design of relevant projects
- Ensures the logical project structure of effects and results according to existing guidelines and linkages between the Host National Societies and Norwegian Red Cross results frameworks.
- Contributes to the development of SMART indicators that are supported by clear and concise indicator guidelines that operationalizes the indicators and explains the data sources, collection methods, frequency of monitoring and audience.
- Function as the focal person at the Norwegian Red Cross CO for the HNS project(s) implementation staff on issues related to the daily running of the project(s) which is/are included in the Norwegian Red Cross supported programmes
- Provides support to the Country Programme Manager for the development of quality project packages to be submitted for internal approval before project start up
- Supports the design and implementation of baseline surveys
- Supports the Country Programme Manager in situ monitoring of progress and discusses adjustments to improve results and achieve objectives.
- Quality assures overall data and quarterly reports provided by HNS
- Supports the organization of end-line studies to quantitative measures changes in values of chosen variables.
- Facilitates mid-term and final evaluation the design and implementation of relevant end line exercises to measure programme success
- Reports to the Country Programme Manager issues related to project implementation and options to improve project objectives.
- Provides input to quarterly reports, yearly reports and indicator tracking table.
- Perform duties and tasks not covered in this job description and provide support to colleagues when necessary and assigned by the line manager.
- Consistently provide support to the project teams of the Host National Society and ensure that Norwegian Red Cross rules and guidelines are anchored among Host National Society personnel.
- Engage with the Results Management Officer at Regional Office and the Country Programme Manager to ensure consistent accountability towards Norwegian Red Cross rules and regulations, guidelines and deadlines.
- The project officer is responsible for providing continuous support to the HNS projects in planning, monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the Nor-Cross supported projects.
- University Degree in Health e.g. nursing, medicine with further studies in public health and/or community health an advantage
- Certificate/Diploma/Degree in Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Track record of managing humanitarian teams in complex humanitarian setting
- Proven ability to implement programmes in challenging contexts.
- Proven ability to plan, implement, monitor, evaluate and report on programmes related to technical area of health/ WASH
- Excellent drafting skills. Successful donor applications and reporting on humanitarian projects with measurable results.
- Fluency in English in required. Working proficiency of regional languages is an asset
- Ability to work towards achieving objectives and results.
- Ability to convince and gain acceptance
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to be solution oriented
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than 10th January 2020;
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification: Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.