Job Vacancy: Credit Officer
Industry: Micro finance
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Salary: Ksh 20,000 to 40,000 depending on experience and subject to sales.
Our client a leading microfinance organizations in Nairobi is looking to hire a reliable and a qualified candidate to fill in the Credit officer position
Roles and responsibilities
- Meeting with clients interested in taking out a loan and providing them with the necessary information to start the loan application process.
- Collecting the needed financial documentation and assessing the clients’ creditworthiness.
- Calculating and analyzing the risk ratios of clients based on their credit score and financial history.
- Analyze and verify applicant’s financial status, personal and business information to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Ensure efficient and prompt recovery of loans disbursed and interest accrued.
- Negotiate payment arrangements with customers who have delinquent loans.
- Maintain clear customer records, recording times and dates that contact has been made and noting information that customers have received about the organization’s products.
- Supply the business with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analysing and summarizing account information
- Maintain and reconcile bank accounts on regular basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, banking, economics, statistics, business administration, accounting or any other related field.
- More than 2 years in the relationship officer in a MFIs would be the most favorable.
- Must have had experience in a micro finance setup dealing with Logbook loans
- Must be fully aware of the Loan process of a Logbook Loan
- Applicants must be a closer person (able to convince and close a sale)
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skill.
- Able to work well in a team
Interested and qualified candidates to apply through firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th October 2022 quoting the job title and the salary expectation on the subject line.
Please note Workforce Africa does not charge candidates for job placement.