Accounting Jobs In Kenya.
Title: Junior Accountant,
Location: Ukunda, Mombasa,
Our client is Christian based Primary and Junior High School based in Ukunda, Mombasa. They seek to hire a Junior Accountant who will be responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical support to the organization.
- Maintain accounts for the school and any subsidiaries
- Petty cash and administration management
- Perform month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for various balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Perform financial statement analysis and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations
- Performing risk management by analysing the school’s liabilities and investments
- Ensure all accounting processes are streamlined and in accordance with the respective jurisdiction.
- Liaise with external auditors to facilitate annual audits.
- Forecast monthly and quarterly cash requirements for the business and prepare periodic budgets for the different departments and any company activities or projects
- Provide strategic decision making based on accounting reporting to always ensure cost management and revenue optimization strategies
- Collaborate with finance team for investor reporting, covenant compliance, budget variation, financial statements analysis
- Reconcile transactions on the dashboard, mobile money statements and other statements and liaise with the Tech team to resolve any irregularities.
- Design, prepare and present monthly financial statement analysis suitable for Board-level or management presentations
- Liaise with all other business units to challenge the status quo, implement new ideas, investigate and implement more efficient solutions and treasury processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Certified Public Accountant – CPA (K) is desired.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Should be hands-on with Quickbooks, Sage & iTax.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power point is required.
- Should be familiar with costings, taxation, and cost analysis.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, interpersonal skills, problem-solving skills, and a strong team player.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to effectively prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Critical, analytical, and creative thinking to identify and solve problems.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team and have a strong understanding of the theoretical and practical components of the position apart from just being familiar with performing assigned tasks.
- Must be familiar with the institutions’ working procedures in order to be able to multitask when necessary.
- Should also always have an open ear for the students and serve as a role model.