Dairy Production Team Leader Job in Johannesburg, South Africa 2019
Our client, an agricultural production startup venture based in Johannesburg, South Africa is seeking to hire a Dairy Production Team Leader on a three (3) years contract.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Dairy Production Team Leader will oversee the dairy livestock management through overseeing incoming products, processing, and operations.
Job Purpose: To manage the profitability and diversity of the Dairy business and bring year on year incremental revenues from milk collection. Ensure effective and efficient dairy management controls are developed, adhered to and responsible for the budget, revenue, customer service, staff morale and overall productivity.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure effective management of all aspects of the milking process, including plant hygiene and somatic cell count, to maintain grade free standards.
- Maintain all appropriate effluent management records
- Assist to develop, review and implement animal health programme to maintain good health
- Monitor seasonal expenditure in line with the budgeted cash flow
- Plan and allocate feed and supplements using feed budgeting techniques to achieve production target
- Liaise with key professionals e.g. vet, fertilizer representative, stock agents and contractors to ensure smooth operation of the farm
- Ensure company products are presented for sale in line with company policy regarding, quality, quantity and timeliness of delivery and are marketed in accordance with the company marketing policies
- Develop, review and manage repairs and maintenance schedule for all plant, machinery and infrastructure
- Supervise day-to-day activity, organize rosters and schedule tasks/activities that need to be undertaken
- Ensure health and safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in food science
- At least 3-5 years of commercial Dairy/Food production experience
- Must be familiar with automated refrigeration systems.
- Must have excellent supervisory skills.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should send their CVs and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly quoting ‘Diary Production Team leader’ on the email subject not later than 15th April, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Career Management is an equal opportunity Employer and does not discriminate applicants on any basis.