About the function
Diageo’s Analytics & Insights (A&I) team is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing analytics products to drive our competitive advantage and enable empirically based decisions.
As part of the D&T Analytics & Insight team and responsible for the customer data domain, you will play a role for continuing to advance the sophistication of the power of data and analytics throughout Diageo. You will serve as an evangelist for the value of data, provide data governance for operational systems and contribute to the development of analytics products to enable decisions at Diageo.
You will become an invaluable partner to your stakeholders, help catalyse their thinking about what’s possible, identify meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interpret and communicate insights and findings from analysis and experiments to drive top line growth, personalised consumer experiences and optimises business processes.
- The role will not have direct budget responsibility but will need to be financially aware of responsibilities and remain budget conscious and compliant.
Market Environment/ Complexity
- This role works closely with stakeholders and teams within Analytics & Insights, as well as the markets and global functions across Diageo
Leadership Responsibilities/ Key Stakeholders
- Create Possibilities: You will need to identify ways to make things happen and have the energy and know how to implement.
- Create the conditions for people to succeed: Guide internal and external collaborators from a functional perspective and demonstrate exceptional leadership around the Diageo values and behaviours
- Grow yourself and others: Can engage and energise people to provide great service experience. Is enthusiastic –wants to make an impact. Can stay positive and overcome setbacks.
- Be Authentic: Always acts with integrity. Focuses on what’s important. Seeks feedback and acts upon it.
Purpose of Role
- The role of the Customer Data Governance Manager is to own, manage and embed the data standards, data designs and processes for the customer data objects and sets in the commercial function.
- The purpose of this role is to architect, manage and govern the data standards and provide data quality assurance for customer data
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Define improvement areas on the data sets in scope and define and manage data governance ceremonies, updating stakeholders on improvements processes and resolving obstacles.
- Define the Data Standards for the master and transactional data sets in scope to ensure successful process execution and analytics reporting.
- Define Data Quality measures for data sets along with defining RASCI and WOW for the resolution of Data Issues
- Maintain the relevant data artifacts for in-scope data sets
- Ensure that data privacy and security are considered and that relevant data artifacts, quality rules and maintenance processes comply with defined standards.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Graduate, preferably with minimum of 10 years IS experience either within Diageo or another consumer goods company (or equivalent in consultancy).
- Understanding of commercial processes and the datasets that are used within the domain
- Deep understanding of data management disciplines and their business benefits (e.g., DMBOK)
- Ideally experience of rollout of best practice data design within Diageo account.
- Experience of major change projects, preferably with project management experience within the SAP global rollout campaign.
- Able to provide strong, visible leadership for data governance to geographically diverse virtual teams
- Able to build relationships with senior business management to advance the global data agenda – need strong communication and influencing skills
- Structured attitude to change – able to assess impact across processes and business units
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.