Database Administrator Vacancy in Nairobi 2019
Job title: DBA – Database Administrator
Techsavanna Company ltd: Digital IT
Reports to: Manager – Database Administration
Location: Nairobi, Westlands
Role Description: Reporting to the Manager – Database Administration, the position holder will be responsible for Administration, Performance tuning, Capacity planning, management and 3rd line support of ALL clients Enterprise Database (DB) Systems that include DBs for Oracle e-Business Suite (ERP), Business Intelligence (BI) Systems, CRM, Fraud Management, Revenue Assurance, POS,E-Commerce and all other IT database systems. The databases span from Oracle, Mysql, Microsoft SQL, PostgresSQL, Cassandra and Hadoop related database platforms.
- Database administration and support lifecycle including backup/recovery, automation, maintenance;
- Supporting the development, system test, user acceptance, training and production database environments;
- Ensure 99.99% availability maintained for all critical databases;
- Ensure 95% of tickets raised are responded to within the 1st hour of incident reporting;
- Ensure 90% of tickets closure is maintained;
- Identify and implementing Best Practices for Database Administration;
- Design BCP and HA solutions for critical systems in order to achieve zero downtime during maintenance and failures;
- Assist Infrastructure, Business Unit (EBU) teams and other Technology teams with hardware and support requirements for database administration;
- Ensure Conformance to security standards for databases and data integrity;
- Develop retention policies and architecture for all systems, whilst maintaining BCP;
- Ensure regular reviews on ILM policies conducted;
- Ensure dimensioning of systems is done periodically based on demand experienced and projected;
- Ensure optimal performance of all systems maintained conforming to the SLA agreements between business and Quality Assurance.
Role Requirement and experience
- Degree in Computer Science or Technical Related Field;
- With at least 2 years’ hands on Experience in Managing large databases;
- Experience in Nosql databases, Mysql and other OpenSource databases platforms
- Experience in Oracle RAC, Dataguard, RMAN and Engineered systems.
- Experience in Linux/Unix Operating system.
- Database Systems Administration Techniques – understanding of DB Performance tuning on various Operating Systems, good troubleshooting skills,
- Database Migration and ILM techniques
- Attention to details and analytical thinking.
- Certifications – OCP, OCE; EXADATA Administration; MSSQL Server Administration; Hadoop Administration; Linux/ UNIX certification will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in below is an added advantage.
- Oracle Fusion and Weblogic administration
- Cassandra, Mongo or any other Nosql database
- Developer background will also be an added advantage
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your resume with your cell phone contact indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role, clearly quoting the job title and job reference to the address below: