Deputy Commissioner Jobs, ICT Jobs In Kenya, KRA Jobs
Deputy Commissioner – Technology Innovation & Artificial Intelligence
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) is the principal revenue collector for the Government of Kenya with the primary goal to deliver Kenya to financial self-sufficiency through effective tax revenue mobilization.
KRA is seeking a result-oriented, self-driven individual of high integrity to fill the position of Deputy Commissioner – Technology Innovation and Artificial Intelligence.
The Deputy Commissioner Technology Innovation & Artificial Intelligence will be responsible for defining the technologies necessary to attain KRA’s objectives and the transitional processes for implementing new technologies in response to changing needs.
1. Strategy – Lead the creation and evolution of an enterprise architecture function.
2. Innovation and Continuous Improvement – Oversees research and information gathering to monitor the industry solution landscape.
3. Business Partnering – Provide advisory to senior management on required investment to drive key application integration initiatives across KRA.
4. Big Data Capture & Analytics – Drive the technical planning, research, and architectural design for KRA’S big data platform, including big data lifecycle management, big data storage systems, data security and data governance.
5. Database Integration – Develop a data modelling and design capability that effectively integrates data and support new data development, ensuring consistency and integration with existing data structures.
6. People Leadership – Lead cross-functional teams on software and application technology selection, design considerations, evaluation criteria, due diligence requirements, and any other related software technology selection and adoption techniques.
The job holder should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or any other related field.
- A minimum of ten (10) years working experience in IT enterprise/application/information architecture.
- A Certification by a relevant professional body e.g. a Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
Interested candidates are advised to visit our website (www.kra.go.ke) for a more detailed job description for the role. All applications from qualified candidates must be submitted online. The application process is on the Careers page on the KRA website. Closing date for applications is 20th January, 2020.
KRA does not charge any application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with the recruitment or the application process.
How to Apply
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org