REF No. HRD/CD/DRSMO/01/2022
The job holder will be responsible for generating online news content for the Company. The ideal candidate will manage the Company’s Online News platforms under the Digital Sub-Editor. He/she will also provide news stories, features and other news related articles to strengthen the Company’s online news platforms.
The Digital Reporter/Social Media Officer role will include the following: –
- Aid in generating news stories for all online platforms
- Proof-read all online stories before submitting copy to the editor
- Update various news platforms with edited copy
- Acquire, verify & break news stories on all digital news platforms
- Champion convergence by liaising with Radio, TV, and Digital reporters
- Execute the online news agenda for the day
- Production of online multimedia content for all digital platforms
- Monitor traffic and feedback, using this data to improve digital products
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Must have excellent communication & writing skills in English, Swahili
- Knowledge of Dholuo will be an added advantage
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Understand media laws and ethics
- Must be self driven, assertive, punctual and organized
- Must have a nose for news and an understanding of how to package news for a digital audience
- Must have keen attention to detail
- Must have digital video production experience
- Must be able to manage social media accounts
- The ideal candidate must have a working knowledge of online technology and online news best
practices and an appreciation of the business processes, protocols and controls
- Demonstrate a professional approach and appearance including enthusiasm, drive, commitment, honesty, trust and loyalty
- Must keep abreast of evolving trends through continuing professional education in the area of
Academic and professional Experience
- University Graduate in Communication or another related field from a recognized University
- Over 2 years experience in a newsroom; one of which must be at a reputable organization under a digital editorial portfolio
Method of Application
If you find this a good challenge and you qualify, please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Clearly cite Job REF No.
Closing date will be Monday 17th of January 2022.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.