Digital Video Editor Jobs, Communication Jobs in Kenya, Kenya Red Cross Jobs
Switch TV, an engaging, positive and progressive national general entertainment channel for young adults with the vision to expand internationally is recruiting. The Vision of Switch TV is to be the most influential platform for educating and empowering the youth to solve humanitarian issues in Kenya, in Africa and the whole world. Established in 2017 we plan to operate a valuable portfolio of news, info and edutainment networks, significant television production operations.
Switch TV is fully owned by the Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS).
To generate content for use within the digital department’s platforms.
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process.
- Create rough and final cuts.
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running.
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience.
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity.
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film.
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects.
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCES
- Degree/Diploma in Journalism, film studies, cinematography or related field.
- Proven work experience as a video editor.
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut).
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio.
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity.
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing.
- Creative mind and storytelling skills.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should apply strictly through https://www.redcross.or.ke/Careers so as to reach us not later than Friday 31st January 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.