Directline Assurance Assistant Internal Auditor Job in Kenya 2019
Directline Assurance Company Limited
We are looking for a motivated and qualified professional to fill the position of Assistant Internal Auditor.
Overall Purpose of the Job: The Audit Assistant will be responsible for administering the daily activities of the company internal audit plan under the supervision of the internal auditor and work on various types of audits within each department of the company.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Through comprehensive internal audits, the assistant internal auditor will assist the internal auditor to meet the audit plan objectives in an accurate and timely manner. This includes reviewing, evaluating and verifying the soundness, adequacy, and application of controls and procedures.
- Perform operational audits which evaluate and encourage compliance with prescribed company policies and procedures in order to promote operations efficiency.
- Perform financial audits to check the accuracy and reliability of accounting records, safeguarding of company assets, and reports on the reliability of the company’s financial statements.
- Perform compliance audits which evaluate both company and employee compliance with the Insurance Regulatory Authority (IRA) and other regulatory bodies such as the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- Assists with developing and performing testing of special audits, which are performed upon request.
- Assists with developing and performing fraud audits.
- Competently utilizes audit tools, techniques, and procedures in all assigned internal audit programs.
- Collect, analyze, interpret and document information which supports internal audit results.
- Make recommendations to management and suggest changes to the company’s policy, procedure manuals, forms, processes, etc.
- Reports audit evaluations in the form of written audit reports to the internal auditor and management.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- University degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting or equivalent from an institution recognized by Commission for Higher Education
- CPA (K) or equivalent;
- Member of ICPA(K)
- MUST have at least two (2) years Audit experience and one (1) year experience in a busy commercial Finance & Accounts Department.
- Audit experience in a busy insurance company will be an added advantage.
- Proven working experience as Internal Auditor or Senior Auditor in an Audit Firm will be an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of contemporary financial principles and practices
- Experience in Financial Management Systems
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
Skills and Attributes
- High integrity and ethical level; Able to maintain utmost confidentiality of information in their possession
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, confident and outgoing personality
- Have great attention to detail and able to get things done to completion
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Sound independent judgment
If you qualify for the above advertised role, kindly send us a detailed CV and Application Letter clearly demonstrating your fit as per the roles & responsibilities and the person specifications (academic/professional qualifications, experience, skills & attributes) listed above.
Applications that do not conform to the Application Instructions will not be considered.
Kindly send your application documents to email@example.com to reach us on or before 5.00pm 1st March, 2019.