Directline Assurance Company Limited
We are looking for a motivated and qualified professional to fill the position of Customer Service Assistant (Accounts).
Overall Purpose of the Job: Responsible for receipt of premium, underwriting risk as requested by the customer in application of the company standard operating procedures, posting all customer transactions and offering quality customer service.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Understanding the requirements of the customers and assisting them fill the appropriate policy documents and proposal forms/endorsements.
- Confirming that the proposal form is correctly filled out, signed and all necessary documents are attached.
- Posting of the proposal form details or vehicle registration for endorsement and printing endorsement request for customer’s signature.
- Receipting of excess, intermediary payments and other receipts and ensuring any other exceptional item on the form is duly filled and signed.
- Stating to the customer the premium payment, collecting and ensuring that the payment is correct.
- Issuance of receipt, policy documents, change and certificate to customer.
- Following-up and calling assigned intermediaries/insured and reminding them of their pending short period extension.
- Printing and posting renewal notices for annual insurance policies.
- Responding to customer inquiries and/or complaints
- Assisting customers with product/company information and providing information on claim status
- Processing commission requests from the sales team
Handling both inbound and outbound calls within an acceptable time period
- Compliance and adherence to the Underwriting Standard Operating procedures.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Degree and/or Diploma in Insurance/Sales or Business related field.
- Certificate of Proficiency in insurance is desirable
- Minimum CPA Section 4
- At least 2 years’ working experience preferably within an Insurance Company OR Intermediary.
- Experience in dealing with PSV will be an added advantage.
Skills and Attributes
- High level of integrity; able to maintain utmost confidentiality of information in their possession
- Excellent negotiation, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent client relationship skills with the ability to handle complaints & difficult situations in a tactful manner
- Have great attention to detail
- Able to work as part of a team
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets or accounting software
If you qualify for the above advertised role, kindly send us a detailed CV and Application Letter clearly demonstrating your fit as per the roles & responsibilities and the person specifications (academic / professional qualifications, experience, skills & attributes) listed above.
Applications that do not conform to the Application Instructions will not be considered.
Kindly send your application documents to email@example.com to reach us on or before 5.00pm Friday, 24th January 2020.